Makeovers are always fun! So, when Design Essentials (DE) reached out to me to do a hair makeover for Talking Pretty, I was ecstatic. I went over to the McBride Laboratories, where all of the Design Essentials products are created and tested, and one of their best stylists and educators, Fran Adams, hooked my hair all the way up.
Natural hair can seem challenging for many to maintain properly and to determine which styles work best during these hot, summer days. So, this informal lesson was much appreciated and very helpful for my readers.
Fran did two separate looks for me to rock this summer: curly and straight. On the first, curly look, Fran used products from DE’s new “Natural” line, which made my hair feel, oh, so soft, and gave me some great tips on how to style my hair in its natural state:
– Use curl products on your hair when your hair is damp.
– To achieve the best results, use products from the same hair care line, such as the DE Natural line.
– To achieve a great curl, put a generous amount of the Natural Daily Moisturizing Lotion in the palm of your hands, and massage the product into your hair in circular motions.
– Use a diffuser to help eliminate frizz. The pHusion Express Tourmaline Blow Dryer helped seal the moisture into my hair and drastically reduced the drying time.
For my second, straight look, Fran straightened my tresses out effortlessly. Because this is the style I wear my hair in most often, moisture and heat protection are crucial. Here are some tips she shared with me on maintaining a straight style:
– For short hair styles, use the DE Foaming Wrap Lotion, then sit under the dryer for 15 minutes to create a smooth mold with no flakiness, while still nourishing your hair.
– Upgrade your ceramic flat iron to a titanium iron. The DE Platinum Edition Titanium Iron smoothed my hair out and kept it frizz-free and shiny.
– At night, wrap your hair using the pHusion Hair Wrap. The satin finish will help prevent shedding and breaking by retaining your hair’s moisture.
Thank you, Design Essentials, for this opportunity and a chance to share hair care products and tips with other women, giving them more confidence to style their hair in multiple ways this summer. –mckenzie harris