Independence Day for Herman Cain: Starts New TV Network
On July 4, 2012, there will be more than fireworks launching. Former Presidential hopeful Herman Cain is launching a TV network. Is he following in the footsteps of moguls Earvin “Magic” Johnson and Sean “Diddy” Combs, with their Aspire and Revolt networks, respectively?
Since making regular appearances on Fox News and with plans underway to host his own radio show, replacing conservative talk show host Neal Boortz, on Atlanta’s News/Talk WSB starting next year, he’s also launching “Cain TV,” a web-based network.
“Cain TV is real American everything!” is his motto.
The trailer vaunts of the following programming:
- “COMMENTARY”: This consists of a man mumbling negative things about Sandra Fluke.
- “STREET SMARTS WITH LEWIS BROWN”: ‘I’m Lou from Hollywood and my mouth don’t write checks that my ass can’t cash.”
- “DOCUMENTARIES”: Terrorists at the Mexican border!
- An animated late Ronald Reagan lecturing President Barack Obama about the redistribution of wealth.
- “I WANT YOUR MONEY”: This features a cartoon Obama as Uncle Sam.
- “A Uniquely American Look at Hypocrisy”: Apparently, highlighting Al Gore, The Kennedys, Noam Chomsky, Michael Moore.
- “FAMILY”: A cartoon about a dinosaur who finds a red white and blue egg in her rest. Out of it hatches a little dinosaur named Tex. “I love my family, this land and Thanksgiving each fall!” Tex says.
- “FUNNY STUFF”: A man named Kivi tells us, “I’m going to make fun of you. And I’m really funny.” He then dances to banjo music.
- A cartoon where high taxes and regulations make the boss move a company overseas. “Oh, I hate capitalism,” one of the workers says.
- A guy asks people on the street if Saddam Hussein is alive.
It’s safe to say Cain’s pockets aren’t as deep as Johnson and Combs’ so following in the footsteps of Glenn Beck is the better comparison. –yvette caslin