50 people overdose on Molly and one man dies after taking the drug at a concert


Over 50 people were treated at a hospital after taking Molly at a concert in Quincy, Wash. According to Q13 Fox, the people were attendees at the Paradisco Music Fest. Most were treated at the Quincy Valley Medical Center for drug overdoses.

However, Patrick Witkowski, 21, died from complications caused by the drug overdose and seven others experienced severe health issues.

Molly is a pure form of MDMA and is the chemical used in Ecstasy. In the past two years, the drug has been popularized in hip-hop by acts such as Rick Ross, Trinidad James, Lil Wayne, Kanye West, Juicy J and others.

While some hip-hop has embraced the drug through music, most users are unaware of complications and permanent damages. Some of the side effects of Molly include a rise in body temperature,  seizures, dehydration, cardiac arrest. In severe cases, the effects can cause death.

On the other hand, Kendrick Lamar and a few other have spoken out against the use of the drug. In his latest video, “B– Don’t Kill My Vibe,” Kendrick Lamar held a funeral for the drug.

Read: 10 things hip-hop stars won’t tell you about Molly

Kendrick Lamar’s “B– Don’t Kill My Vibe”

A.R. Shaw is an author and journalist who documents culture, politics, and entertainment. He has covered The Obama White House, the summer Olympics in London, and currently serves as Lifestyle Editor for Rolling Out magazine. Follow his journey on Twitter @arshaw and Instagram @arshaw23.

Post a Comment