When thinking of fashion, most people imagine women’s attire, but what about the men? On Friday, Dec.30th, Detroit designer JL Johnson premiered his Lou Prezi Men’s Winter Collection at the Marriot Hotel in Southfield, MI. Johnson is CEO of Presidential Group – a Detroit event promotion company – and the name Lou Prezi is a combination of Louis, which is his middle name, and that of his company. After the models ripped the runway wearing Johnson’s creations, rolling out was able to get the 5 must haves for a man’s closet from the designer himself.
- Peacoat- A man must have a peacoat in his closet. Peacoats can be worn for any occasion depending on how it is accessorized. This classic piece remains a major part of men’s fashion because you can add flare with a fur, scarf, or fringes.
- Blazer/Suit – A versatile man should have both of these must-have options available, and be able to put on a dapper suit or don a blazer with casual shoes, jeans, and a shirt.
- Scarf – This is the cherry-on-top accessory that always fits.
- Jeans/T-shirt – T-shirts go with everything, whether you’re wearing one under something, showing off a logo, or making a statement. Jeans go with everything too. Dress them up with that blazer or sweater or down with a bomber jacket and sneakers.
- Sweater – The man makes the sweater. A sweater can be worn to church, a wedding or to meet the parents for the first time. Throw on a favorite pair of jeans and shoes, and have a great time being comfortable.
All of these pieces are for sale and you can check them out at the new website www.louprezi.com.