9 must-attend conferences that hustling entrepreneurs need to know about
Summer is coming and it’s bringing a variety of some of the biggest business and leadership conferences this year. While working to build a business, many entrepreneurs can get very overwhelmed with the process. So, if you need a boost in confidence or are just ready to step your game up, taking needed breaks to pour into your potential is always a major move toward success.
Why Conferences Are Important
As much as you invest in your company, you should also be investing in your growth as a business owner. Conferences are great because they allow you to interact with like-minded and driven people, offer amazing seminars and open the opportunity to make connections with thought leaders.
If you would like to attend a conference but have no idea where to start, we have gathered up a list of 9 conferences you should definitely consider:
- MegaFest 2017, June 28-July 1
- As the nation’s largest faith-based festival, MegaFest is returning to Dallas for a weekend of entertainment, family, entrepreneurship and growth. Led by powerhouse Bishop T.D. Jakes, you can expect to walk away with a MEGA transformation that will apply to business and life. This year they are expecting over 100,000 attendees with notable speakers such as Pastor John Gray, Cedric the Entertainer, Yvonne Orji from Insecure, Cicely Tyson and much more. Registration begins at an amazing price of $69.
- Empowerher 17 , June 8-9
- The millennial digital media company Blavity has continued to speak to young multicultural movers and shakers in a bold and unique way. This year, they will bring their annual Empowerher Conference to Chicago for a seat at the table with women who are dominating influencers and entrepreneurs. We sat down with the CEO, Morgan Debaun, to get the scoop on what to expect. Tickets are selling fast, so grab the last few for $350.
- WERKPraySlay Weekend, Nov. 3-5
- Calling all single ladies! If you’re a passionate girl boss that’s single and ready to mingle with your destiny then head to Atlanta for a great “weekend for winning.” Covering topics on entrepreneurship, money, and of course relationships, the conference will bring top speakers and sponsors. Created by Koeryelle DuBose, the weekend is meant to educate, inspire and challenge all who attend. Registration begins at $255.
- RISE Empowerment Tour, July 15 and July 29
- Coming to a city near you, the RISE Empowerment Tour is bringing Black girl magic this summer. Starting in Los Angeles on July 15, the full day of empowerment will host speakers like makeup guru Jackie Aina, social media coach Natalie Gouche, and more. The next stop will be in D.C., headlined by industry heads like xoNecole Editor-in-Chief Necole Kane and digital expert Nicole Melton. Both conferences will also have appearances by The Six Figure Chick, Cici Gunn. Keep on the lookout for when tickets go on sale.
- Black Men XCEL, Aug. 30 – Sept. 2
- Women definitely lead the way in attending conferences but Black Men XCEL is the perfect place for driven men to be inspired. Founded by Black Enterprise, the inaugural conference will be in sunny Palms Beach Gardens, Florida. You can expect a weekend of workshops and skill-building on leadership in corporate America, fatherhood, Black men in Hollywood and much more.
- Thrive 2017, Sept. 29 – Oct. 1
- If you’re ready to grow your income exponentially then Thrive: Make Money Matter is the perfect conference this fall. Head to Las Vegas to be schooled in practical strategies for taking action as a next-level business entrepreneur. Past speakers have included business moguls Gary Vaynerchuck, Lewis Howes and Grant Cardone. Follow the site to stay notified of when tickets open.
- Forbes Under 30 Summit, Oct. 1-4
- For the young bosses, Forbes Under 30 Summit is the place for you. Held in Boston, this massive and interactive conference will bring some of the best millennial influencers that are dominating their industries in a major way. As Forbes’ largest event, it will bring celebrities, fashion designers, educators, world-renowned chefs and so much more. This year’s honorees include gymnast Simone Biles, musician Torey Lanez and Her Agenda founder Rhonesha Byng. Registration starts at $325.
- World Domination Summit, July 11-17
- Dubbed “an unconventional weekend for unconventional thinkers,” this conference will gather over 10,000 leaders (from almost 40 countries) to Portland, Oregon. The event will last a full week and include fun group activities and meetups interspersed with speakers such as Shaun King, Benny Lewis and Vanessa Van Edwards. Tickets start at $647.
- Be Blogalicious, Oct. 5-8
- The mission of Be Blogalicious is to be the go-to destination for multicultural women who are social media enthusiasts and showcase the value of this group that is often ignored. This year, the conference will be hosted in Miami. With past attendees like Luvvie Ajayi, Loni Love and Kim Fields, the event will definitely bring their A game for 2017 speakers. Registration begins at $299.
There are so many great conferences to choose from but don’t feel like you have to break the bank. Choose what best fits your needs and prepare for a life-changing experience.