25 Interesting Facts About Black Love and Relationships
1. Researchers at the University of Chicago found that people were twice as likely to find a date through friends and family than through the bar scene.
2. Nearly 40% of men do not feel confident meeting a woman for the first time.
3. Studies show that schools, colleges, coffee shops, and malls are all excellent places to flirt because people are more open to meeting others in these places. Poor locations are restaurants and movie theaters.
4. Studies show that before a man even speaks a word, the way he stands (whether he is slouching or not) counts for over 80% of woman’s first impression.
5. Ninety-two percent of single parents would rather date other single parents.
6. Four common date blunders include showing up late, talking about yourself too much, revealing too much about your ex, and an obvious over-eagerness.
7. Signs that a man is about to break up with a woman include that he spends less time with her, he is no longer romantic, passionate kissing turns into quick pecks (particularly no kiss during sex), he fantasizes about someone else during sex, he pats her during a hug, and he tries to start fights.
8. Over 50% of all singles in America have not had a date in more than two years.
9. Couples usually wait until six to eight dates before they are willing to enter into an exclusive relationship.
10. Approximately 48% of online daters reported that their breakups occurred via email.