Got Glutes? 4 Moves to Tighten Your Buns
It’s no secret that all women want a nice bottom. I get asked religiously by women of all shapes and sizes how to tone their bums. The secret not only lies in exercise but also what you eat. Be sure to stay away from saturated and trans fats, opt for healthy fats instead.
Below are my top four exercises to tighten and tone your glutes. Incorporate these exercises into your routine and watch your bum go from flab to fab!
1. Stand 12 to 18 inches away from a table or chair, feet slightly apart.
2. Bend forward from the hips, at about a 45-degree angle, holding onto the table or chair for balance.
3. In this position, take three seconds to lift your left leg straight behind you without bending your knee, pointing your toes, or bending your upper body any farther forward (hold your abdomen in, and do not arch your back). Hold the position for one second.
4. Take seconds to lower your left leg back to the starting position.
5. Repeat with right leg.
1. Stand in front of a sturdy chair as if you’re going to sit down.
2. Raise your arms straight in front of you.
3. Bend your knees and slowly lower yourself onto the chair.
4. Lightly touch down and then stand back up.
- Standing with feet hip–width apart, take a big step forward with one leg.
- Lower your body toward the floor, front knee aligned with ankle, back knee pointing to the floor.
- Return to the starting position.
- Repeat by stepping forward with the other leg.
- Stand behind a chair or step (hold weights if desired).
- Place the right foot on the step, transfer your weight to your heel and push to come onto the step.
- Slowly step back down.
- Switch legs and repeat.
*Do three sets of 8 to 12 repetitions