The funeral director who handled the body of Trayvon Martin is confirming that he saw no signs of a fight on the hands of the 17-year-old.
As previously reported, a police video of George Zimmerman was released after he was taken in for questioning following the death of the teen. In the video, Zimmerman appears uninjured although he claims a violent altercation took place between him and Martin, causing him to fire his weapon in self-defense.
Now, according to funeral director Richard Kurtz of Roy Mizell and Kurtz Funeral Home, he saw no signs of a scuffle on the hands of Trayvon and, in fact, the only injury he noted was the fatal gunshot wound to the teenager’s chest.
On March 28, Kurtz called in Wednesday to HLN’s “Nancy Grace” show and told her that he saw no cuts or bruises on the young boy’s hands, despite claims that he fought with Zimmerman the night he was killed.
“When I received the body I noticed a gunshot wound. As far as his hands and knuckles, I didn’t see any evidence that he had been fighting anybody,” he said.
Kurtz also criticized the Sanford Police Department for their poor investigation.
“I’ve embalmed a lot of people in my life, but from the moment it happened I thought the police investigation was one of the most unprofessional ones I’ve witnessed in my lifetime,” he said.