Tue., Aug. 30, 2011 6:35 PM EST
Montego Bay Riu Resort
I just got back from an amazing trip to the beautiful island of Jamaica! I shed a tear when I had to head to the airport and board the plane back to Atlanta. It was the first time I had ever traveled outside of the United States and I am going to miss that pretty Caribbean paradise so much. I visited Montego Bay and Negril. If you want to take it easy, sit back, relax and enjoy. Here are my top five reasons for visiting Jamaica.
- Nature: While visiting this beautiful country, we strolled through many lavish gardens, parks, beaches and more. It’s simply breathtaking. I saw many animals, birds, fish and plants that I’ve never seen before — simply amazing.
- Cuisine: If you are a foodie like me, you will love the cuisine here From Chocolate Tea to Jamaican Patties, your palatte will love you. Everything is fresh with savory flavors. I really enjoyed eating at Krstals (located inside Riu Hotel Resort in Negril. I also enjoyed the authentic “jerk” food at Scotchie’s in Montego,Bay.
- Adventure: From excursions to a catamaran sunset cruise on “The Wild Thing” where we did snorkeling, to Chukka Caribbean Adventures, where I rode horses and swam in Sandy Bay, to The Dolphin Cove where I met Rooster the camel and Miguel the dolphin, who both gave me lovely kisses. It’s a wild adventure!
- Tours: Visit Rosa Hall where we checked out Annie Palmer’s mansion. She killed thre husbands there and her spirit still lives on at the property. Also visit Rockhouse Restaurant where you can jump off the cliff.
- Culture: If you want experience the most amazingly rich culture and history, I can not say enough about how friendly and welcoming all the natives are. They are a proud nation of people and love to their country.
Click on thumbnails to view photos: