Busted on Twitter? 10 Rules for Cheating in the Digital Age
Here, then, are the 10 commandments for Cheating in the Digital Age, a list compiled for cheaters, and by cheaters.
1. Cheaters SHOULD NOT lie – just conceal the truth.
2. Like gentlemen, cheaters NEVER sleep and tell – especially on your Facebook status or Twitter updates.
3. Cheaters SHOULD NOT bed thy neighbor, or anyone else within range of your unsecured personal WiFi network.
4. Cheaters CANNOT go back for seconds – seconds lead to thirds, thirds lead to an updated “is in a relationship with…” profile.
5. Cheaters CANNOT post or be tagged in pictures documenting their secret relationships on Facebook, Flickr or Picasa.
6. Cheaters MUST NOT Tweet about what bar, movie or restaurant they are secretly meeting at – you never know who’s “following” you.
7. Cheaters HAVE TO be prepared for every inquiry about the previous night’s events – and, unfortunately, the inquisition may not come via text or wall post, so be you must be quick with your answers verbatim.
8. Cheaters SHOULD ALWAYS clear their cell phone of texts, emails and calls – especially “sexting” or nudies sent via MMS.
9. Cheaters MUST AVOID storing a secret lover’s name, address and/or contact info on computers, GPS, and cell phones. Booty calls should remain anonymous.
10. Cheaters CANNOT let their secret lover fall in love with them – it’s just as easy for this new “love” to re-tweet you, Facebook-stalk you, and ping you for your location on Loopt.