T.I. and Tiny’s New Reality Show Set for December Premiere: 5 Other Music-Themed Reality Shows We Loved
Rap phenomenon T.I. has been a busy man ever since his release from prison in September. Aside from jumping head-first back into the music world, T.I., his wife Tameka “Tiny” Harris and their family began filming a reality show for VH1, covering his return to his family. Now, the network has set a release date for the show as well promotional photos of the hip-hop family.
In a statement released on Nov. 9, VH1 announced that “T.I. & Tiny: The Family Hustle” will premiere on Dec. 5 at 9 p.m. EST. The family-themed reality show will follow T.I. as he readjusts to life outside of prison and settles back into his role as a father, husband and multitalented businessman.
“In this family documentary, you will see the challenges of raising children while balancing a career,” T.I. says. “It’s like a lot of families, only our home is in the spotlight.”
The show will also allow viewers a first ever glimpse into the lives of T.I. and Tiny’s six children (King, Domani, Zonique, Messiah, Deyjah, and Major) and see how they deal with having “The King of The South” as a father.
“Tameka and I have a strong, loving family,” said T.I. “In this family documentary, you will see the challenges of raising children while balancing a career. It’s like a lot of families, only our home is in the spotlight.”
While we’re sure many of you will definitely tune in to watch the premiere of “T.I. & Tiny: The Family Hustle,” here are 5 other music-themed reality shows that we loved to watch. –nicholas robinson
1. “Making The Band 2: Da Band” – With verbal and physical fights galore happening within the group and feisty group member Dylan’s raging ego-mania, Diddy’s original revamp of the “Making The Band” franchise made for some must-see-reality show-TV in the early 2000s.
2. “Making The Band 3: Danity Kane” – 2 words: Danity. Kane. While the previous version of “Making The Band” was filled with pulse-pounding drama, this version matched it while and managed to produce a talented female group that seemed poised to take the world by storm.
3. “Making The Band 4: Day 26” – For his third and final installment in the “Making The Band” franchise, Diddy decided to create and all-male singing group. And while the guys provided some great vocals as well as great drama, it was the demise of Danity Kane that really made for great TV.
4. “Fantasia For Real” – We knew Fantasia’s life already a made-for-TV dream as soon as she won American Idol. Though her own TV movie about her real life fell flat, “Fantasia For Real” gave fans exactly what they were looking for, a candid look into the world of a flawed superstar still working to find her way in life.
5. “Keyshia Cole: The Way It Is” – Other reality shows have precede it and other reality shows have followed it, but none have made the impact that “Keyshia Cole: The Way It Is” has made. Never before had we seen a superstar of her caliber bare her often troubled family life on-screen like Cole did. And though she was the rightful superstar, her mother and sister, Frankie and Neffie, grew to become stars in their own right.