Cory Monteith - Autopsy Cover

Just days after “Glee” actor Cory Monteith was found dead in a Vancouver hotel bathroom this past weekend, a coroner has now revealed Monteith’s official cause of death.

According to People magazine, authorities have revealed that Monteith died from a “mixed drug toxicity” of heroin and alcohol and are deeming it an accidental drug overdose.

“At this point there is no evidence to suggest Mr. Monteith’s death was anything other than a most-tragic accident,” the BC Coroners Service says in a statement released Tuesday.

“There was evidence in the room that was consistent with a drug overdose,” Police spokesman Constable Brian Montague revealed, although not saying what that evidence was.

Monteith had been out with three other people, whose identities have not been revealed, but is believed to have been alone at the time of his death. Police have now completed their portion of the investigation but the coroner will continue to investigate the details of Monteith’s death.

“Mr. Monteith’s family has been made aware of the circumstances surrounding the death,” the Coroners Service said. “On behalf of family members, the BC Coroners Service asks that the media respect their privacy at this difficult time.”

Our condolences continue to go out to the Monteith family, as well as the cast and crew of “Glee.”

Sadly, Monteith isn’t the only star to succumb to a drug addiction. Check out some other actors who died from drug overdoses below. – nicholas robinson

www.facebook.com/NicholasHarborOfficial

www.twitter.com/Nicholas_Harbor

 

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7