Wed., Jan. 9, 2013 10:52 AM EST
Looks like the courtship lasted much longer than the actual marriage. Carmelo Anthony and La La Vazquez Anthony, one of the premier sports power couples, have officially separated, sources tell rolling out.
Apparently, La La has long been tired of her husband’s serial philandering and it has nearly driven her crazy. Finally, she could no longer take it and the two have moved into separate homes for the time being.
The whispers of Anthony’s supposed cheating ways has been ongoing for years. Back in March 2011, the sultry socialite was grilled by Angela Yee and the “Breakfast Club” about rampant rumors of her husband Melo’s adultery:
- When asked if she had “that talk” with her husband about not embarrassing her with NY’s ample groupies, La La said: “I don’t have to have that talk. I would hope after almost eight years he has enough respect for me not to do that.”
- Yee asked La La if she could accept Carmelo cheating if he did it discretely.
- La La responded, “If he’s doing it discretely, do a good job. ‘Cause when I find out all hail is gone break loose!”
- Then Yee asked the question that we’ve all been anxious to hear the answer to:“What about that love child?”
- But instead of addressing the question openly and honestly, La La simply laughed it off, saying she wasn’t aware of any baby that her hubby spawned outside of their marriage.
- “If I knew about a baby … first of all, what kind of woman would it make me to say ‘hide your kid?’”
And then again in March of 2012, blackmediascoop.com reported that “Melo” was sexing up a 19-year-old jump-off and that whiffs of the affair had wafted back to Lala’s ears. According to sandrarose.com, La La was on the verge of a nervous breakdown because of her husband’s alleged inability to keep his zipper zipped.
Reportedly, after many supposed trysts outside the marriage, La La had finally reached her breaking point.
Boston’s Kevin Garnett, in the center with bald head, allegedly said some distasteful things about Carmelo Anthony’s wife, Lala, that set off a near brawl on the court.
Anthony was particularly sensitive about the state of his marriage during the New York Knicks game the other day against the Boston Celtics. When the Celtics’ Kevin Garnett allegedly crossed the line and uttered some profane things about Anthony’s wife, he tried to confront KG both on the court and after the game near the Celtics’ team bus. Now it makes sense with how Anthony both played and how he reacted to KG’s taunts. Twitter
and the sports world are aflame with rumors about what KG allegedly said that affected Anthony’s game, as rolling out’s Amir Shaw reported
As the Anthonys try to reconcile their marriage, below we list some of the best photos of the famed couple together.