Pop star Usher endured a nasty court battle when he and wife Tameka Raymond divorced a few years ago. Now it looks like Usher’s going to endure a nasty custody battle as well. Tameka recently filed for full custody of their two sons, Usher Raymond V, 4, and Naviyd Ely Raymond, 2, claiming Usher has failed to fulfill his legal requirements as a co-parent.
According to TMZ, court documents reveal that Tameka is claiming that Usher has repeatedly failed to fulfill the following legal requirements of their joint custody agreement.
- Obtain her permission to travel outside the state with the kids.
- Get her approval before hiring nannies.
- Give her the first opportunity to watch the kids when he’s away for more than eight hours.
- Allow her to take the kids for 2-weeks in the summer of 2011.
- Let her have custody of the kids during Christmas break 2010.
Tameka also claims that Usher went against his word and closed her Saks Fifth Avenue card and failed to pay her $5,000 a month to pay for her own nanny as he promised. Tameka says he now owes her $34,000. Finally, Tameka claims that since their divorce, there has been a “substantial change in [Usher’s] income” and that she should now receive more money from the superstar because of his newfound success.
A hearing on the matter is scheduled to occur Wednesday, Nov. 30. Stay tuned as the story develops. But while you wait, check out five other celebrity custody battles below. –nicholas robinson