Somewhere, from an elevated perch, Dr. King is surely looking down on us all with a smile. The source of the civil rights icon’s contentment is derived from the “Goodness to Greatness” event held last night in his hometown, Atlanta. The event — which was sponsored by MillerCoors and the Gidewon Foundation — was aimed at acknowledging “businesses, organizations and individuals in the city of Atlanta that take strides in enhancing the African American space by inducting them into the Miller Lite ‘Goodness to Greatness’ Hall of Fame.
Let’s take a look at a list of the inductees, as well as some of the sights from such an important night. –dewayne rogers, photos by joi pearson
The 2012 Miller Lite “Goodness to Greatness” Hall of Fame Inductees
- Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Inc.
- 100 Urban Entrepreneurs
- Bobbcat Films
- Chef G.Garvin
- Collective Renaissance Guild
- Cool Girls
- David Manuel Author of “I am A Father” an inspiration to the art world of Atlanta
- GTM Inc.
- Hope 4 My World Foundation
- Intuitive Business Services
- Kwanza Hall Atlanta City Council District 2
- Liquid Soul Media
- Morehouse College Martin Luther King Jr. Collection
- One Talent, Inc
- Rainforest Films
- Ronda Penrice Author of “African American History for Dummies”
- Steed Media Group
- Strength of Nature Global
- Justin Tanner, The City of Atlanta Mayors Office
- Urban League of Greater Atlanta-Young Professionals
- Young Voices with New Vision