Black hair: Angela Simmons shows off waist length natural tresses

Angelamain

Angela Simmons’ stunningly long real hair

After Nicki Minaj caused a stir by showing fans her waist-length natural tresses, a Simmons socialite is following suit. Angela Simmons who will cover a future issue of rollingout, took to social media this week to show fans her healthy chemical free tresses. Like Minaj, her hair is also down to her waist.

“My natural hair, it keeps growing!,” Simmons captioned a photo of her extremely long tresses.

And when several spectators cried foul over the photo, her hairstylist Nikk Nelson jumped to her defense.

“Please black women can have long hair without weave. She wears weave to protect her natural hair. We keep it natural and healthy.”

Angela-Simmons-and-Nikk-Nelson-

Nikk Nelson and Angela Simmons

Simmons’ natural hair photos are actually nothing new, the weave advocate has never shied away from putting her real tresses on full display.

Check out Angela Simmons’ latest hair pictures and her length retention over the years. -danielle canada

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

1. krazibella on March 29, 2013 at 3:33 pm

if ur hair is that long why wear weaves?

• Ami-ah on April 1, 2013 at 2:46 pm

Because some people (including myself) believe in the “broke hair, broke pocket mentality” (as coined by natural hair guru Kim Love). You can wear your hair out and show it off the same way one spends their money on luxury items to display their wealth. But eventually, this will lead to broken, damaged hair due to excess manipulation, the same way someone will go broke after spending all of their money instead of investing it or saving it.

Wearing weaves while caring for your hair is an “investment” that allows a person to preserve their hair while still maintaining a stylish coif.

2. Junior on March 29, 2013 at 4:40 pm

That’s exactly what I ask myself when I see women wearing fake fringes and they have perfect hair.

3. Pink on March 29, 2013 at 6:16 pm

We wear wigs 2 Protect our hair….I also have long hair but i wear wigs and sometimes wear my real hair when I’m ready…with wigs u can have different style and color with out damaging ur real hair…..I hope u guys understand

4. Young Love on April 1, 2013 at 12:34 pm

Cause they can afford to – I have the same length or longer hair and wear it out &&& in protective styles, not protective fake-ish-ness.

5. lynn on September 10, 2013 at 9:53 pm

Angela Simmons’ hair is long, but not waist length…just saying.