Single mother loses both legs and an arm after Shih Tzu bites her hand

DogBite_CB002.JPG

Christine Caron never thought that an innocent dog bite would lead to her becoming a paraplegic. The Canadian single mother of four was playfully tussling with her Shih Tzu when the dog bit her hand.

According to CBCS News, Caron didn’t think much of the small bite and went to sleep without receiving treatment. However, once Caron woke up, her feet and hands were swollen and black.

When she was rushed to the hospital, she was put into an induced coma for over a month. Doctors discovered a disease-causing bacteria from her dog’s saliva in her blood stream. The bacteria cut off blood circulation to her nose, toes and fingers. Doctors said that they had no choice but to amputate both of her legs and one of her arms.

Carson is facing high medical bills because she doesn’t have health care. However, a fundraiser, Caring for Chris, has raised over $35,000 thus far.

A.R. Shaw
A.R. Shaw

A.R. Shaw is an author and journalist who documents culture, politics, and entertainment. He has covered The Obama White House, the summer Olympics in London, and currently serves as Lifestyle Editor for Rolling Out magazine. Shaw's latest book, Trap History, delves into the history and global dominance of Trap music. Follow his journey on TrapHistory.Com, Twitter @arshaw and Instagram @arshaw23.



Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

Join Our Newsletter

Get the latest news from Rolling Out.