Several days ago, a story broke regarding a woman who experienced severe headaches due to flesh-eating maggots that where living in her weave.
Several prominent news outlets reported on the story that was initially published by iReportersTV.com. However, the story is apparently a hoax. Snopes.com revealed that the same story was published in 2010. However, the name of the woman and the city had changed.
The stories also lacked a specific date or name of the salon. Snopes.com also suggested that it would be impossible for the maggots to live and hatch eggs in the weave after the first cleaning.
As a result, it’s still safe to wear weave without the fear of being eaten by maggots.