Lord Jamar threatens to fight Yelawolf ‘on sight’

yelawolf2

Lord Jamar is adding fuel to his ongoing feud with Yelawolf. In Jamar’s latest interview with Vlad TV, the Brand Nubian rapper threatens to attack Yelawolf if he sees him in-person. The bad blood began with Jamar making comments earlier this year about homophobia in hip-hop; he stated (speaking specifically about Seattle rapper Macklemore and his pro-LGBT song “Same Love”) that white rappers are “guests” in hip-hop and have no place criticizing the culture for its perceived homophobia. When Yelawolf was asked about Jamar’s comments regarding white rappers, he replied, “In one instance he’s right. From his perspective, I could see where he…I can agree with him on one side of it. I think he’s right. White artists are definitely a guest when it comes to the culture of Black America’s musical arts, whether it be hip hop, blues or even rock & roll if you wanna look at it that deep. You’ve gotta go back a long way to feel that way though.”

“To say homosexuality has no place in hip-hop is ignorant,” Yela said at the time. “That ain’t got nothin’ to do with him being black, or white, or nobody. That’s just stupid. What the f–k are you talking about, man? It’s music. You could talk about any f–king thing you want to. That is the beauty of it all.

“Let [Macklemore] say what he wants to say. If it’s a hit record, guess what? There’s a lot of people that feel the same way. So shut the f–k up.”

Jamar has taken exception to Yelawolf’s words and demands that the younger rapper apologize or risk an assault.

“I’m gonna give you a chance to publicly apologize,” Lord Jamar said. “And if you can do that I’ll leave you alone. If you don’t, if I ever see you it’s on–on sight. I don’t have nothing to talk about. I’m running at you at a hundred miles an hour. On sight. That’s how I grew up. You know what I mean? So, that’s all I can say really. I’m not even emotional about it really. It’s nothing to me.”

Jamar added that he would’ve never disrespected the musical pioneers who came before him.

“If Grandmaster Caz—and I’m not trying to say I’m Grandmaster Caz or Bambaataa or any f–king legendary person who started this s–t,” said Jamar. “But what I’m saying is those are people who came before me that I respect. And I know my hip-hop history. So, if someone like Grandmaster Caz or Bambaataa, anybody said something that I didn’t agree with, never in a million years would I tell them to ‘shut the f–k up.’ Because I have respect for those that came before me. Whether I agree with what they saying or not. I have respect. B–ch a– f—-ts like you have to understand that you can’t just talk any kind of way to me. Like, I will beat the s–t out of you.”

Star also offered his two cents in the matter, threatening to “slap the shit” out of Yelawolf for what he feels is a lack of respect for someone who served as a pioneer in hip hop.

“Yelawolf I will slap the s–t out of you,” added former Power 105.1 personality Star. “Real talk. This is Lord Jamar from Brand Nubian. He came up and pioneered a plethora of things [in regards to] hip-hop culture and rap music. There’s certain people you just have to be mindful of. I don’t ride nobody’s d–k and I have hated on this man. But just watch your f–king mouth. That’s all, man.”

1. N83R on December 31, 2013 at 11:30 am

Lord jamar is A STRAIGHT FOOL ! If he considered himself an icon of hip hop then why dont u act like it ? All i have seen is this fool acting like a diva talking bullshit everywhere like kanye west . Mad the the game is EVOLVING . Either get with it or GET THE FUCK OFF IT .

2. Jonny Myers on December 31, 2013 at 11:39 am

Lord jamar does not want to go to war with slumerican

3. h2o2sno on December 31, 2013 at 11:43 am

jamar ain’t nothing but a bitch str8 garbage bitch

4. Alfonso Solis on December 31, 2013 at 11:59 am

A pioneer? There aren’t too many artist out there that can say they’re pioneers.. that old stuff is played put. That man yela needs to smack his old ass and that be the end of it. I’m a big fan of hip hop but it’s always evolving. Times change.. Lord whatever should just fade to black. Like his career. Slumerican. .. ja,ja, jah!

5. Bskan Stlouis on December 31, 2013 at 12:35 pm

fuck lord jamar aka poor lamar , never heard of em until now ? but he makes himself look desperate and thirsty as fuck doin this shit doe , sounds like he mad he aint on Love Story ? fag ass dude ….. Yeller – Hollar – AllDay – Slumerican – Forever

6. Corey on December 31, 2013 at 12:55 pm

The dude is just running out of things to say, so he wants to act white and talk italian. But calls us WIGGERS when he is the wannabe gangster. If you wanna talk about pioneers, look at pretty boy floyd, john dillenger, al capone, I could go on , and on, about how the black culture has copied our history in the making, So if your not going to be AMERICAN GET THE F+UCK OUT OF OUR COUNTRY. I dont care if your white, green yellow black or red get out or be shut up. WE AMERICANS ARE A REVOLUTION fighting back to back to back, whites and blacks yellows and browns, there is no such things as race, just culture and if you dont like the way OUR AMERICAN CULTURE IS LORD LAME-AR or STAR.go back to your mandiki shaboinkin tribe you came from you aint american or AFRICAN american your a WANNABE WITH A LOUD MOUTH and ANY true african americans are proud to be here and proud of our american heritage. So next time you tell a white boy to apologize or be shut up, just remember our F+ckin roots HOME BOY

7. slummerican on December 31, 2013 at 1:05 pm

He just signed his death wish lord jamar when I see you I’m going to smack the shit out you I put that on my momma in my Gotti voice

8. Tye on December 31, 2013 at 1:31 pm

Lmao I guess everybody who made a rap song 30 years ago is considered a pioneer. Ignorant shit people argue about these days.

9. anon on December 31, 2013 at 6:36 pm

Lord who??

10. BMAD on December 31, 2013 at 9:35 pm

“That’s how I grew up. You know what I mean? So, that’s all I can say really. I’m not even emotional about it really. It’s nothing to me.” …CLASSIC BUTTHURT!

11. Jester on January 1, 2014 at 2:42 am

Remember when Jamar was relevant? Me either.

12. Jester on January 1, 2014 at 2:43 am

And Star, who said he doesn’t ride Jamar’s dick, took that dick in the ass the whole interview. Faggots mad at faggots for being faggots.

13. john on January 1, 2014 at 2:40 pm

Jamar dont wanna step to yella….your talking shit expect a real man to tell you to shut the fuck up…on another not go to youtube and look at the fight yella had on stage lmfao dude jumped on yella and yella laid him out i dont get it rap is rap if you can spit race color and gender need not apply skill is skill

14. Lindsay Hearld on July 19, 2014 at 10:12 am

Don’t make yelawolf go pop the trunk Lord mama jama lmao

15. Lindsay Hearld on July 19, 2014 at 10:15 am

just thought id put this out there as well… but in my opinion yela is hot as f***!