This past weekend, the ONE Musicfest hosted their first ever Atlanta Music Culture Crawl powered by Uber ATL, which journeyed through Atlanta‘s rich music history and iconic locations that have made invaluable contributions to Atlanta’s music culture. The media crawl, hosted by the self-titled “Atlantapologist,” Maurice Garland, treated the intimate tour group to complimentary beverages, courtesy of Heineken and Jack Daniel’s Honey and an unforgettable travel experience provided by Uber ATL. The ONE Music Fest Music Culture Crawl tour stops included:
- Smith’s Olde Bar – Located in the heart of Midtown, dawned the performance of then young and upcoming artist John Mayer which landed the now Grammy-Award winning artist his first record deal.
- Stankonia Recording Studios – Owned by Atlanta natives Andre 3000 and Big Boi of OutKast. The studio, under its previous ownership and name, Bosstown Studios, produced R&B classics like “Waterfalls” from Grammy-Award winning female group TLC and became the namesake of OutKast’s 4th studio album, Stankonia. OutKast calls Stankonia Studios home because it is a place of unlimited creative freedom and its rich history dates back to many earlier artists such as Bobby Brown, who owned Bosstown.
- Patchwerk Studios – The popular state of the art studio has produced world renown hits from the legendary voices of Beyoncé, Mariah Carey, Usher and one of ONE Music Fest’s 2014 headliners, NAS. Patchwerk also hosts professional workshops for those interested in working in the music industry.
- Apache Cafe – Atlanta’s popular yet intimate venue that specializes in Atlanta art. Apache provides a platform and audience for new and upcoming music artists from Atlanta and across the nation to share their craft and showcase their talents.
- Atlantic Records – Launching their new, never before seen Atlanta studio this past weekend for the music crawl, the label is home to artists like Trey Songz and K. Michelle. Guests also had a chance to be a part of the Atlantic A&R process for new talents Kendall and Dusty McFly.
The fifth annual ONE Musicfest 2014 will take place Saturday, Sept. 13, at the Aaron’s Lakewood Amphitheater headlined by Kendrick Lamar and NAS. The performance lineup also includes Jhené Aiko, Method Man & Red Man, Amel Larrieux, Alice Smith, Isaiah Rashad, and more. For more information and to purchase tickets, visit http://www.onemusicfest.com.
Take a look at some photos from the amazing event!
Photo Credit: Jerry White, WhyCauseICan.com