Rapper, The Game, angers many over his NYPD Twitter messages

rappers with tattoos

With more than one million people following him on Twitter, rapper “The Game” has a large audience. So when he tweeted his comments on the death of NYPD officers Wenjian Liu and Rafael Ramos it drew a lot of attention for its callous insensitivity.

The Game tweeted under his handle “Handsome A** N-Word, the following:

Game-Tweet-1-clean

After getting flack from followers Game  had to clarify his remarks:

Game-Tweet-2-clean

He then explained himself fully on Instagram in a rant:

game-instagram

Here is the full text of  Game’s response:

The comment in my last post was a DIRECT RESPONSE to the picture above: I didn’t say it was cool that 2 cops were murdered senselessly while sitting in their car. These weren’t the cop(s) that killed ERIC GARNER so it wasn’t necessary they die in that manner the same as it wasn’t AT ALL necessary ERIC GARNER die in the way he did. My comment also suggested that #AllLivesMatter & #S— NeedsToChangeNow but you simple minded f—  skipped right over the real message to pull whatever negativity you could from my post … As expected. One thing about me is, I’m ME. I’m not running from my views or opinions & I’m standing firm on anything I say … So while all of you trying to find the HATE in my post, there is NONE. What there is …. is an opinion of a man that believes the deaths of innocent people are never OKAY. Never has been !!! It just so happens, that I’m BLACK. It just so happens I grew up as a minority & have been a victim of racial profiling & police harassment in my youth the same as many so I can relate to the continuous STRUGGLE to change the way the GOVERNMENT deals with it’s own employees when they’re supposed to be highly trained professionals who loosely abuse the right to them wearing the badge given to them. “PROTECT & SERVE” does not mean “CHOKE & KILL” an innocent un-armed man…. Retaliating for Eric Garner’s murder the way the MEDIA portrays it happened wasn’t the answer either but it happened…. SO WHAT NOW… Do police KILL more civilians ??? Or do civilians KILL more police ??? Y’all can’t see what’s happening to our country ? Or all Y’ALL still too focused on an iPhone app to get off of it to take a REAL LOOK AROUND ??? & you ask me, do I like police: NO !!! Do I hate police: NO !!! Have I experienced more police abusing their authority than not: YES !!! So that’s why “I” say F— THE POLICE !!! That’s “MY OPINION”…. Does that mean I think it’s dope that 2 innocent cops were murdered: NOPE. But does it change my view on crooked police: NOPE !!! So… You can hate me, not like me, say F– GAME or UNFOLLOW or never support my MUSIC again because I have an opinion… SO WHAT, I DO NOT GIVE A F— !!! [To Be Continued..]”

1. djs on December 22, 2014 at 8:02 am

Not a fan of the Game!!!

• General on December 22, 2014 at 11:48 am

Obviously no one cares… Especially him

• djs on December 24, 2014 at 2:18 am

Didn’t say anyone did.. I simply made a comment.

2. soisaid on December 22, 2014 at 12:07 pm

im on games side..

3. Bobby D on December 22, 2014 at 2:36 pm

* Jayceon is right. MotherF**k the police. *

4. butterbeanbabe on December 22, 2014 at 3:05 pm

he speaks truth, but his intent was to down the police , to make that comment meant you want to tell them haaaaaa see how it feels if its one of yours ! basically yes he had intent to taint.. but the bottom line is , police need to use this incident as a warning to them that , peace can not be one sided they need to get out in the communities and inneract with kids and men . go to the basket ball arenas in every black neighborhood with no uniform on , and talk just talk its a lot of anger out there over this , this takes the place of oj simpson diviison of blacks and white notice how divided we are , just because whites are afraid of blacks , scared of the powere we have but dont use . if i want to live next door to a white and i have money to buy that house that should not lower the property value hell whites are just prejudice and we are tired of the excuses givin for this ,type of travesty of justice . its just time to take a stand , a lot of us didnt know it was this bad , you hear the storys of police stops ending up someone thrown on the ground or shot on a humbug … like the black man shot infront of his kids , or rthe black man with the toy gun , white people know dam well hey would be pissed if a little white boy was shot for playing with a gun on the streets an it was a toy ., for one police cant identify a black boy versus a man .. that training is needed , figuring out when its a toy gun or asking that is needed ….. if you got fear of blacks then your in the wrong career .for real … and lott more applications should be straight denied , that job now is gonna be the least hunted for for young folks they should recruite more blacks anyway . stupid for the to think a trailer park white boy can relate to blacks he always dispised . or was told not to inneract with from 2 yo …. get the fuck out …………. those murders of the cops was senseless , but sacraficial to open the eyes to law makers to change some dam laws up

5. Stacey Dash on December 22, 2014 at 4:25 pm

Only people who have compassion for other people will understand what The Game is saying. If you don’t care about other people or don’t care about people who don’t look like you then you will never get it.

6. Guest on December 23, 2014 at 1:14 pm

Bottom line, Eric Garner was important to his family as those 2 officers were to theirs. Neither should have been killed, and no ones life is more important just because they wear a badge.