Iggy Azalea fires back at Eve and Jill Scott’s critical comments

Instagram

Iggy Azalea has been the butt of several jokes and intense accusations over the last several months about her appropriation of black music. Recently, Philly hip-hop heavyweights Eve and Jill Scott weighed in on the matter and shared their issue with appropriation, and now Iggy has lashed back at the two for critiquing her.

The drama all started when Eve and Scott appeared on “Sway in the Morning” this week and shared their thoughts on Iggy’s success and how it impacts black artists.

“I get it … I get that people may be upset about certain things. Yeah, she’s white. But they grew up with our s—. Hip hop is everywhere. Every neighborhood, every country, every city. It didn’t just hit. Yes, it’s from us and it’s our thing. She’s representing a group of girls right now as well.  I think people right now are too quick to give too many accolades to new people. That’s the one thing I just can’t stand. Let her do her thing … it’s not my cup of tea but she’s representing for somebody,” Eve said.

YouTube

Scott chimed in and explained, “I think it’s fair enough. It’s a little challenging for me because I come from the era that she pulls from. To me, it’s like a mixture between Da Brat and Eve the way that it sounds. So that’s a little challenging to me. But I’m a mixture of [1940’s jazz singer] Sarah Vaughan and five other things. So somebody else that comes from that era, they looking at me like … she aiight. So that’s the only thing that stops me … because I know where that comes from.”

“[Iggy’s music] sounds like a big bite to me. The tone of it,” Scott added.

Eve then added that she has a problem with Iggy’s “blaccent.”

“The blaccent. Is that horrible? A lot of people gonna get mad at that, say what you want, but f— it. I’m saying it in a sense that … she’s from a different place. I’ve said this before, It would be dope to hear her with her swag, what are you, who are you and what is that? That’s the only reason I say that. [Australians] are so dope. That’s my only thing. I think she’s fly, I think she’s good to look at, I think she’s a pretty girl, she has a dope body. All of that is fine. I just wish there was a little bit more of where she came from,” she said.

Not surprisingly, Iggy wasn’t too happy about the ladies’ comments and she fired back at them on Twitter recently. Read her rant after the cut.

Pages: 1 2 3

1. Sandra on January 30, 2015 at 3:52 pm

Iggy needs to get over herself. She needs to stop whining and complaining about others calling her on her wackness.

2. britishrose on January 30, 2015 at 5:33 pm

ITS JUST THE WAY rape music is going anyway , eve sound i out dated lil kim sound is out dated nicky and iggy sound is legitamate with the genre they are attracting we been knowing that 88 percent of rap music buyers are white , even when run dmz was hot ,, IT WAS WHITES BUYING THOSE ALBUMS, TIL THIS DAY STILL ., thats why they added rock groups with them to a exploid it , iggy i a white girl looking real white , and to hear a rap tune coming out of her mouth i majic to the white folks who hate the fact their kids indulge in rap, but is glad they can push them to iiggy sales instead of lil wayne funny thinkg is lil wayne gonna make his money, eve need to sit down her time i up . go be rich and shut up , jill scott dont have to worry , iggy is not effecting rb music thats a different crowd , to please , she do good she dont sound like no sara vaugh please , she sound ok , ,average, , i never like her much alway grinnning someone done told her she has a nice smile and she smile all the dam time ,

• shawty on January 30, 2015 at 10:54 pm

U r so ignorant .Eve sound is not out dated.

3. musiclover on January 31, 2015 at 3:28 pm

First time I heard fancy I swore it was eve. I was disappointment when I realuzed someone ripped off her signature style.. As for iggy if you know you’re music is coming from an authentic place why get angry??????

• Likewaterforchoc on February 3, 2015 at 11:07 am

I actually thought it was Da Brat when I first heard it. Lol

4. Queen2Cent on January 31, 2015 at 8:33 pm

Is it me, or does Iggy favor a White Black Woman? Even her features. I’m just saying. Darken her skin, and blacken her hair, you cannot tell the difference.