Wiktionary defines date night as an opportunity for a couple to go out on a date. Spending time together as a couple is very important for a healthy relationship. Most relationships that work well, take some effort and dates don’t always have to be dinner or a movie. So, if you’re tired of long lines at the movie theater or the same steak and baked potato dinner, on your next date night – try one of the following seven ideas, which are fun, romantic and spicy!
- Wine and cheese tasting. Enjoy a romantic wine and cheese tasting at home. Set up a beautiful table in your dining room or even a blanket in the living room floor and don’t forget the candles and flowers. Choose at least three to four different bottles of wine and an assortment of cheeses, crackers, fruits and spreads. Take turns feeding each other and share an evening of deliciousness, romance and luxury at home.
- Local art galleries. Art galleries are an excellent place for deep, intimate conversations that bring couples close together. And, you don’t have to be an artist to attend an art gallery. Art can speak to anyone and there is no reason why it can’t speak to you and your loved one. So, take a chance, start a new and different hobby together. It gives you a great reason to get dressed up, but it also sparks your creativity and adds to the romance. Try it out and find a local art gallery near you.
- Dance lessons. Do you want to get close to your date? If so, try dancing; perhaps the tango or salsa. As you and your partner learn the steps and move your bodies together, you can enjoy the intimacy and flirting that comes with this romantic activity. And, couples who take dance lessons have more “date nights.” They look for opportunities and events that will give them an excuse to enjoy their new developed hobby.
- At home spa date. This is the perfect date for both parties to be spoiled — right in the comfort of your own home. Turn your home into a spa for the night as you and your mate receive a relaxing evening of pampering. Contact your local spa or masseuse to schedule your next spa date night.
- Re-enact your first date. I’m sure that there was a lot of effort to show one’s romantic side on the first date, so why not turn back the clock and remind her how charming you were when you first starting dating? Think back to the first date — make a reservation at the same restaurant, sit at the same table and order the same food. Do the same things that first sparked your romance!
- Cooking classes. Culinary date nights are the new romantic night out. What better way to enjoy quality time with that special someone than cooking, eating and sharing an unforgettable experience? This is also a great opportunity to brush up on your cooking skills and to learn some new culinary tricks. Search for couples cooking classes in your area and make it a night to remember.
- Food festivals. In the summer, you can find food festivals (all over the place), where you and your significant other can enjoy food that you can’t find anywhere else. Bring a blanket, a bottle of wine and relax on the grass, as you sample foods from your favorite booths.
–myra c. harris is the author of How to Get a Man: From the Kitchen, to the Bedroom, to the Ring, which can be purchased at www.letaypublishing.com.