Kandi Burruss dishes on her troubled friendship with Phaedra Parks

Kandi Burruss/ Bravo Screenshot

Kandi Burruss/ Bravo screenshot

Kandi Burruss and Phaedra Parks’ friendship took a major hit last season on “The Real Housewives of Atlanta” after Parks accused Burruss of being a distant, bad friend. Although many hoped that the pair would patch things up, last night’s season premiere showed that Burruss and Parks’ friendship is still struggling and there’s still distrust between the two. And during a recent interview, Burruss shared her thoughts on why she and Parks just can’t seem to repair their bond.

While appearing on “Watch What Happens Live,” a fan called in and asked Burruss if Parks doesn’t trust her because she’s siding with her husband, Todd Tucker, and Parks’ incarcerated husband, Apollo Nida, when it comes to Parks and Nida’s nasty breakup.

“I don’t really feel a way,” said Burruss. “Todd and Apollo are friends, that’s true indeed, but I feel like it has made Phaedra assume that I’m taking sides just because Todd is siding with Apollo. Well, not necessarily that he’s siding with Apollo, but that he’s friends with Apollo.”

Burruss went on to explain that she hasn’t taken any sides, especially not Nida’s.

“I feel like in mind, she feels I’m against her. And it’s only been one thing that I spoke on that was disagreeable. But other than that, I don’t really side with Apollo on anything,” Burruss explained.

It’s sad that these two former BFFs just can’t seem to get their friendship back on track, but when you’re on reality TV and forced to air your dirty laundry with people, it seems pretty hard to mend fences with even with the closest people around you.

1. FuZ on November 9, 2015 at 3:59 pm

They showed footage of Phaedra and Todd watching the video. Which was a few seasons ago. Why did he wait all of this time to ask for his $8k and why ask his wife to ask about it? True reality TV. Storyline.

• TEE on November 9, 2015 at 7:47 pm

That’s what i’m thinking . I’v always thought Todd was full of BULL CRAP

2. shellyTheGreat on November 9, 2015 at 6:35 pm

so, do people never get tired of these women acting like they’re in high school? i never understood how watching people stop being friends and then become friends again over and over was entertaining.

• TheBurningBush on November 9, 2015 at 9:52 pm

well it says a lot about those who watch that dysfunctional crap, most likely they are just like those dysfunctional people they like to watch!

• TheBurningBush on November 9, 2015 at 9:59 pm

These are TV programs and what do that tells us:
      Program – to cause to absorb or incorporate automatic responses, attitudes, or the like; condition:

• shellyTheGreat on November 10, 2015 at 12:11 pm

exactly! i think it makes people think this kind of behavior is more acceptable. i think it leads to more black women not being able to get along, more of us calling each other b*tches, more dysfunctional relationships, etc. I actually used to watch this show years ago when it first started, but it got boring so fast because it’s literally nothing but the women arguing with each other ever episode. It’s pointless.

• TheBurningBush on November 10, 2015 at 6:27 pm

have you notice the explosion of females fighting each other in the open, openly disrespecting each other, and mocking each other in the open, on the job etc. since this mess been on TV, I am just saying!

• shellyTheGreat on November 10, 2015 at 6:48 pm

ikr? I see a new fight video almost every week on facebook. the latest one that has gone viral ends with one of the fighters getting in their car and driving over their opponent!

• [email protected] on November 11, 2015 at 5:56 am

You’re not “just sayin'”, you’re telling the truth because I had that happen at my job, the other woman came to the job looking for the other, other woman, and the guy ran and hid. He didn’t try to straighten anything out, he just hid until they both left, and he wasn’t even all that pretty. The other thing happened at my other job when the guy’s girlfriend dumped him when she found another set of panties that didn’t fit her behind and she brought his clothes AND his roll of toilet tissue to him and then pissed on all of it in front of us while he hid behind the blinds before she drove off.

• TheBurningBush on November 11, 2015 at 7:02 am

AND I BET THEY ALL WATCH ALL OF THOSE WRETCHED REALITY TV PROGRAMS….. “you’re telling the truth”…… that’s what I am saying could it be that these TV programs are programing our young women to act in this manner?

Program – to set, regulate, or modify so as to produce a specific response or reaction:

• [email protected] on November 13, 2015 at 2:04 pm

I don’t watch any reality show except for “Cutting It in Atlanta”, because I just love “Beauty”! She’s my baby! As for the rest of them I think one reality show is enough for anyone because the sad part is that both men and women outside the television often try to imitate what these actors do in their own marriages and relationships, and then they turn around and blame their problems on their men or their women. They haven’t drawn the line between fantasy and reality yet and they don’t realize that Candy Burris and the rest of that bunch are getting paid to act stupid in front of a camera with their silliness and BS. When they hear “Cut, print”, that’s a “wrap” for them and they go on about their business, but its the “muttonheads” watching the show that carry it on after the show is over. There’s a fine line between fact and fantasy; it’s one thing for art to imitate life but it’s sad when life imitates art, and YOU are the “star” of your own hell sponsored “drama”.

• TheBurningBush on November 13, 2015 at 2:34 pm

right on you are exactly right and that’s why they call them “programs”.

3. [email protected] on November 11, 2015 at 5:49 am

I don’t watch this reality crap like this show and the others because they feature only crazy ass black women that really should grow up and stop acting like heathens. It’s the equivalent of a minstrel show, just with black females instead of shuffling black men. And you wonder why our kids are so maladjusted.

4. OpinionatedBeauty.com on November 11, 2015 at 10:31 am

Sometimes you move in different directions as friend. Seems to but hurt going on on both sides not anger so hopefully they can pull it together in time.