While you may have already set your personal New Year’s resolutions, it’s also time to start thinking about your romantic resolutions for 2016. These are relationship goals that will keep you and your significant other happy and on the right track.
As we all know, when you’re in a relationship, it’s very easy to slip into a routine of doing the same thing day in and day out. In the new year, make things more exciting by setting goals for you and your special someone to complete throughout the year. Here’s a short list of seven to get you started:
- Love Letters. We live in an age where we do most of our writing via mobile phone, tablet or laptop. In the new year, grab a pen and some paper and write a few love letters to your special someone. As you may know, receiving a message or email is never as sweet as receiving a hand-written letter from your loved one. It may even inspire your mate to write a few themselves.
- Traveling Together. Occasional travel can show you a lot about your mate. Are they able to adapt in new places? Are they friendly to strangers? How do they handle change? Are they short-tempered? How organized are they? There’s a lot you can learn about your mate when you travel with them, so make sure you check this one off your list!
- Have Fun. Every relationship should be fun. The moment “fun” is out of the equation, it becomes a boring and dull relationship that you don’t want to be a part of.
- Sharing. Aside from loving and being loved, a relationship is about sharing. That means sharing the highs and lows, ups and downs, and moments of joy and sadness. Share your worries and problems with each other. Don’t hold it in and stress yourself out. If you can open up and trust that your mate will help you, than that’s another goal achieved.
- Experiment. Try something new that you haven’t done before (ex., ice skating, deep sea diving, horseback riding, etc.). Hopefully, your mate hasn’t tried it either. This will make these adventures even more memorable and special.
- Love Yourself. Don’t wait for someone to love you before you love yourself.
- Don’t Waste Your Time. Enjoy your life with people who want to be a part of it and say goodbye to those who don’t. Life is short, so take advantage of every second.
These are seven realistic and achievable relationship goals that will actually help your relationship for the better. Setting these goals for 2016 will help you see whether your relationship is growing in the right direction or whether it’s time to say goodbye. Feel free to add your own goals to this list, as you are the only one who really knows what your heart wants and needs. However, my wish for you is to stay in LOVE in 2016.