Video of racist store owner causes Atlanta Black community economic backlash

The racist rant of of Amin Chaudry, the owner of Ben Hill Custom Cleaners on 2373 Fairburn Rd. in Atlanta, has caused outrage. Located in the predominantly Black Ben Hill neighborhood, the dry cleaning business is now under fire. Andy Foster was picking up his clothing and videotaped Chaundry’s racist tirade. The incident was witnessed by Foster’s 10-year-old son, who is heard on the tape saying, “I’ve heard stuff like this before.”

The video has gone viral and nationally syndicated radio talk show host Rashad Richey called for a boycott of the business. Richey announced the names of other Black dry cleaners in the area in a local economic push to support Black business. Chaundry has refused to answer his phone and declined media interviews.

Reportedly, other customers have similar complaints about Ben Hill Custom Cleaners, located in the storied southwest Atlanta community (SWATs), and its staff’s racist treatment of customers. People have also gone to the store’s Yelp! page and left comments. In response, the pages has been locked down by Yelp!:
Black Community shuts down racist store owners Yelp business page (ImageSource:Yelp!)

1. guest on February 4, 2016 at 2:19 pm

Why would they go there in the first place? Atlanta has many black owed cleaners.

• Nigg_Newton on February 5, 2016 at 11:04 am

And that INDIAN didn’t do anything wrong…HE TOOK the money and give him some customer service…hehe.

Shame on this BLACK MAN for patronizing an — INDIAN RACIST!

• tracy smith on February 6, 2016 at 6:32 pm

EXACTLY I blame them just as much a I blame that piece of shit Indian.Why would they keep going to his business.Since the brother got him on video prove that he done that before.

2. Dee Dee on February 4, 2016 at 8:57 pm

He needs to open his business in a white trailer park , so he can be among his own kind : fellow racists/bigots…….KKK-Tea party hicks.

• Nigg_Newton on February 5, 2016 at 10:59 am

He is INDIAN…They only see COLORISM.

• gulguli12 on February 6, 2016 at 6:08 pm

How come you know he’s Indian? He could be Bangladeshi, Pakistani or even Middle Eastern. He’s a rude bigot who needs to lose his business due to his stupidity though.

• Nigg_Newton on February 6, 2016 at 6:28 pm

I know he is INDIAN, because I have been to INDIA, and I also know the ACCENT and COLORISM.

Damn accept the TRUTH and deal with it!

• gulguli12 on February 7, 2016 at 5:46 pm

Oh yeah, I 100% accept he’s a rude, racist arse… just wondering how you know he’s Indian, since I didn’t read that anywhere else. Going purely by the name, he sounds Bengali of the Muslim religion. The accent is no longer discernible, it’s a weird mix of desi+working class American English.

• Nigg_Newton on February 7, 2016 at 5:48 pm

I live in NYC…and have been to London.

I know what they sound like and act like.

Sorry he Indian from INDIA!

• charles on February 10, 2016 at 2:10 pm

You’re very observant, Gulguli12… I just assumed he was a “white” American. But please read my response to your original comment. Do you agree?

• gulguli12 on February 10, 2016 at 10:41 pm

I do agree. We don’t know enough to judge. He was rude though. He appeared to be racist in the clip, but then again the whole context is not available.

• tracy smith on February 6, 2016 at 6:33 pm

Same thing.

• gulguli12 on February 11, 2016 at 12:11 pm

That’s hilarious. That’s the same level as saying people from Nigeria, South Africa, Somalia, Congo, Sudan,Kenya, Zambia etc are all the same. It’s OK if you’re ignorant about the differences, but try to keep your mind open and don’t dismiss the distinctions.

• charles on February 10, 2016 at 2:08 pm

But Gulguli12, we don’t know what was said BEFORE the video started, which provoked the owner to say what he did. I was actually more concerned by his profanity than anythin’…

• Vijay on February 10, 2016 at 9:24 am

Amin Chaudry is a Pakistani Muslim name. It is likely that you are Paki too, considering you propensity to immediately start hating on Indians. Old habits die hard eh
        Paki?
        Irrespective, Amin Chaudry needs to lose his business.

• Nigg_Newton on February 10, 2016 at 10:19 am

Stop your LIES…Paki’s are Muslim and would never do this.

YOU LIE…

• charles on February 10, 2016 at 2:11 pm

Vijay, I know who you are talking about. It amazes me that Amin Chaudry is allowed to stay in the UK, yet they want to ban Donald Trump from entering… 🙁

• tracy smith on February 6, 2016 at 6:33 pm

Whites wouldn’t go to a Indian business.

• AuggieEast on February 8, 2016 at 2:57 pm

Any Indian business? Why? In my business, Indians make up the vast majority of our customers. We don’t need to start some kind of business race war.

• charles on February 10, 2016 at 2:13 pm

I disagree. Indians (Sikh, Hindhu, and Christian), from all the ones I come in contact with, are good, loyal Americans. They are an asset to the United States!

3. YourWorstNightmare on February 5, 2016 at 8:51 am

I bet you mom wasnt saying that as she took a nice big black cock to the back of her throat! Too bad she didn’t spit you out when she was done blowing your worthless piece of shit father for raising a low life piece of shit like you!

• Nigg_Newton on February 5, 2016 at 10:59 am

Damn — REMEMBER what I SAID 3 months ago!

“Ask a minority that is not BLACK what DIVERSITY LOOKS LIKE! It doesn’t include BLACKS FOLKS!”

— Other Minority RACES don’t believe DIVERSITY INCLUDES — BLACKS…They only see it as including them and WHITES!

Drops MIC….

4. Reptiles Rule The World on February 6, 2016 at 7:00 am

Yes he has issues and so does the customer he talks slow and was looking to bait him the owner. Get your shit and move on. Don’t go back.
    Black people do tend to be stupid. Instead of starting businesses they patronize others then complain about the treatment.
    And yes we black people are just as racist as anyone else.

• tracy smith on February 6, 2016 at 6:34 pm

Shut up who try nobodys racist but you.

• Towanda Smith on February 6, 2016 at 7:26 pm

I have seen a lot of videos of our people baiting these fools . I would have got my stuff kept it moving and made a point to use different locations.

• charles on February 10, 2016 at 2:17 pm

I agree 100% with you, Towanda. Also, we don’t know what the customer did or said to provoke the business owner, so we don’t have the whole picture. But I do NOT approve of the profanity the owner used… It was totally unnecessary.

• charles on February 10, 2016 at 2:15 pm

Reptiles, as I wrote a few minutes ago, we don’t know what the customer said or did to provoke the business owner, so we don’t have the full story. But I did not approve of the profanity the owner used… there was no need for it.

• Peaches on August 6, 2016 at 12:56 am

Who u callin stupid dumb as… white people and other racist r way more racist than black people and black people better look out for their own people and not take crap off racist people like this bytch…he shouldn’t got his racist bytch as beat like he stole something!!!!!

5. MisanthropeMilitant . on February 7, 2016 at 12:37 am

wow .. respect on that man he denounced the racist pig and promoted black business c-c-c-combo “black people are the most racist” the latest excuse bigoted morons use to treat people like garbage.

6. Cee jay on February 7, 2016 at 12:28 pm

This guy stated,he been in business there for 20 years. Okay,so minorities have been keeping his business solvent and yet he treats them like crap. He needs to be exposed and l am glad it was captured on video,baited or not. He told the customer how he really feels,unapologetically,about those that patronize his business. He’ll be gone before years end if the community bands together in boycotting his a**!

• lorilaj82 on February 9, 2016 at 2:22 am

I don’t know, I looked at the video and got a different take away from it and questions, like what took place before this guy started video taping him, it looks like he turned it on at a certain point to show the worst of that guy, it also looks like the guy was baiting him a little, its quite possible that the guy was having a really bad day and it came off like the guy who video taped him had gotten on his last nerve and he exploded. I know when a person gets to certain level of anger and lets go not thinking or caring about what he said in the heat of the moment. The first couple of post on here are from some real racist people and I saw an immediate difference between those posts and the ranting of that Indian man. I guess what I’m saying is we should consider that there were other factors involved and I’m willing to give that guy the benefit of a doubt that, that guy just pissed him off and he lost control and lost it. I say that cause he told that guy don’t come back, business owners who depend on customers are not that quick to write off future business that easily, I think a lot more was involved then that guy showed.

• charles on February 10, 2016 at 2:19 pm

My thoughts EXACTLY, Lorilaj82!

• charles on February 10, 2016 at 2:18 pm

But Cee Jay, we don’t know what the customer did or said to provoke the business owner, so we don’t have the whole picture. But I do NOT approve of the profanity the owner used… It was totally unnecessary.

7. charles on February 10, 2016 at 2:05 pm

We don’t know what the customer said to provoke the business owner. I was actually more concerned with his profanity.

8. Vincent Bollaert on February 12, 2016 at 5:52 am

Lives get wrecked for the most stupid things nowadays. He was clearly pressed for time and in a bad mood. An angry old guy being baited into saying something stupid like ‘black people are prejudiced’ is nothing to lose your shit over people.