Monyetta Shaw opens up about missing Ne-Yo’s wedding

Photo Credit: Monyetta Shaw's Instagram (@monyettashaw)

Photo credit: Monyetta Shaw’s Instagram (@monyettashaw)

This past weekend, R&B singer Ne-Yo officially went off the market when he married his longtime girlfriend, Crystal Renay. And although most fans are happy for Ne-Yo, some are wondering why his kids, 4-year-old son Mason Evan, and 5-year-old daughter Madilyn Grace, from his previous relationship with Monyetta Shaw, weren’t at the wedding. Not surprisingly, rumors have spread that Shaw kept the kids away from the wedding out of spite. But now Shaw has spoken up and revealed the real reason they weren’t in attendance for their dad’s big day.

Recently, Shaw posted a photo of Mason and Madilyn on her Instagram page and shared that they’re in the process of doing school observations.

Photo Credit: Monyetta Shaw's Instagram (@monyettashaw)

Photo Credit: Monyetta Shaw’s Instagram (@monyettashaw)

“Another school observation down … 2 more to go… This ‘college application’ process is A LOT lol but gonna be soooooo worth it!!! Whichever we pick they are there til highschool (unless we move) So it’s a HUGE deal!!!!  A great day w/ #myloves #mypriorities #myriders #thingsthatmatter #covered MyM’s,” Shaw captioned the photo.

Shaw also took time to reveal to fans that the reason her kids weren’t at the wedding is because of the observations, which are taking a lot of time out of the kids’ schedules.

“Not that it’s anyone’s business I have a few secs to entertain since we are all done with these school visits for today … Any involved parent in search for the best school for their children knows how important this process is & I don’t take it lightly,” she said. “It’s a very long process & we are at the end which is the kids observation at schools.”

Shaw explained that the observation was scheduled back in December, before she learned about the wedding date. Shaw says that she tried to work out a way for the kids to get to the wedding, but none of the alternative plans would’ve allowed for the kids to make it to the wedding in time.

“My #1 concern & priority are my kids! NOTHING will EVER change that!!! Anyway, the kids are excited & looking forward 2 spending time with their father, new little brother & step-mom this summer,” she posted.

We’re glad that there’s no strife between Shaw, Ne-Yo and Renay, and we hope they remain a happy and peaceful blended family.

1. raysorbladeczar on February 23, 2016 at 12:05 pm

Girl bye. You are not on scholarship so please, private schools bend over backwards for “paid in full tuition”. Lol! Ironically, I went to a private school open house here in Atlanta for my daughter on a Sunday. It’s serious, but NOT that serious. I find it Interesting that the “observation day” was on a weekend and not a weekday. But I digress! I’m certain any school here in Atlanta (especially) make arrangements for celebrity children.

2. hidaya on February 23, 2016 at 1:53 pm

Monyetta REALLY said: “Sh!t, he ain’t marrying ME, boy bye… so me and mine ain’t going!!!”

• raysorbladeczar on February 24, 2016 at 10:46 am

Right! In would’ve actually respected her had she kept it 100! But that lame ass excuses was dumb!

• suzette thompson on February 27, 2016 at 6:35 am

You sound ignorant and so does the folks agreeing with you. That is not her responsibility to make sure the kids are at a wedding she clearly was not invited to, GTFOH READ THE COMMENT BELOW ABOUT CELEBRITY PRIVATE SCHOOLS. Total difference from that $600 a month spot you went too, cuz I went as well boo boo. Neyo could have rescheduled the mfn wedding or flew his kids out there but guess what the two main characters were in attendance: the Bride & Groom. Monyetta should not have responded at all because look at how you fools take her answer. FOH.

• raysorbladeczar on February 27, 2016 at 3:47 pm

600 dollars a month spot? I visited The Walker School…a little more than 600 dollars a month. However, you said it best! “Monyetta should have not responded at all because she is a fool”! Ha ha you mad! I don’t care about these fuckin people and neither should you!

3. staccee on February 23, 2016 at 7:30 pm

she full of crap. She lying, just mad because he wasn’t walking down that aisle with her. jus a bunch of bs

4. Defiant*one on February 24, 2016 at 9:34 am

Just another woman using her kids against the father out of spite…

5. ceeceebaker on February 24, 2016 at 2:32 pm

The two most important were there, the bride and groom, so I don’t think either one really cared if the kids were there.

• LT on February 25, 2016 at 6:21 pm

exactly!!! media trying to stir up drama and the commentators above you buying right into it. The wedding could have easily have been rescheduled if it was that important to Neyo. She’s right as a parent, they come first and they have a lifetime to spend with their father in very important days. What kid you know wants to be at a wedding anyhow? I’m sure they’re fine and have suffered no emotional damage. Chic above talking about private school…on the typical American level maybe so yet on the celebrity level, that’s not so. This is an elite private school to the equivalent of a high graduate going to Harvard or any other Ivy League. Jennifer Lopez and her twins went through it as well as tons of other stars such as Paris Jackson. As celebrities, how many safe places in academia do you think are actually available to them considering other folks with $31+ THOUSAND dollars trying to enroll their kids in elite private school for a commitment of 12 years!!! I guess when you’re used to drama yourself, you expect drama!

• suzette thompson on February 27, 2016 at 6:37 am

I love ur response I cant stand black ppl sometimes

6. Sweet potato pie on February 27, 2016 at 9:38 am

Tell me this why in the hell would I allow my children to go to the wedding my ex-fiance. Observation or not what Neyo did was wrong and still shady as hell maybe they have forgiveness and closure maybe not