Lil Mo has choice words about Michel’le’s biopic

Photo Credit: Lil Mo's Instagram (@thelilmoshow)

Photo credit: Instagram – @thelilmoshow

For a long time, Lil Mo and Michel’le seemed to be close friends on “R&B Divas LA.” But during the third season of the show, a rift seemed to form between the two and nearly caused the end of their friendship. By the end of the season, it looked like the two were finally beginning to patch things up and although we haven’t seen them on TV together in over a year, many fans assumed that their friendship was back on track. But that doesn’t seem to be the case anymore now that Lil Mo has come out and blasted the news that Michel’le is getting a biopic.

The big news came this week when Lifetime revealed that they’re making a biopic titled “The Michel’le Story” to cover the singer’s tumultuous and storied life. The film will focus on being discovered by N.W.A’s Eazy-E as well as her violent decadelong relationship with Dr. Dre, as well as her troubled marriage to Suge Knight.

Former “Lincoln Heights” actress Rhyon Nicole Brown is set to play Michel’le, actor Curtis Hamilton will portray Dr. Dre, and R. Marcos Taylor, who starred as Knight in Straight Outta Compton, will reprise his role in the biopic.

Well, Mo recently discussed the big news on her on “The Fam in the Morning” radio show and she told her listeners that she believes that their are other singers who were more deserving than Michel’le to get a biopic and said she’s “not here” for the film.

“For what? She’s not Mariah. She’s not J.Lo. She’s not Mary J. Blige. She’s not Faith Evans. And that’s not to discredit, but I have more hits than her,” Mo said.

Photo Credit: Michel'le's Twitter (@Michellemuzic)

Photo credit: Twitter – @Michellemuzic

She continued to blast the biopic, saying that Michel’le’s story will only revolve around Dre and that Michel’le may be legally blocked from talking about him too much in the film.

“What’s she gonna talk about? Dr. Dre? I don’t even think she’s allowed to mention his name. I think somebody’s gonna play him, but they’re gonna play their self,” Mo said. “But when we did ‘R&B Divas LA,’ she wasn’t even allowed to mention his [Dre’s] name.”

Ultimately, Mo argues that there’s not enough public interest for Michel’le to have a biopic.

“Who’s going to care? Real talk and I’m not trying to be funny, but I think there are other people that are deserving more of a Lifetime movie. I can see her doing a TV One ‘Unsung,’ ” Mo explained.

Well, do you agree with Mo or does Michel’le deserve a biopic? Let us know in the comments.

1. Mercedes Simpson on May 19, 2016 at 11:41 am

Lil Mo is very bitter and immature. Who wants to see a biopic about Mariah or J Lo? Miche’le has a story behind her music, Mariah and J Lo do not. Mary J. Blige has a story to tell and I would love to see her story told in a biopic. Lil Mo you may have more hits than Miche’le, but your story can’t compare to hers. You blast people, to remain relevant yourself. Spend more time in the studio perfecting your craft instead of doing interviews or radio shows hating on others. As beautiful as Lil Mo’s voice is, its really strange why she can’t make an album now. Is it that no one wants to work with her? Why?

• tamelia “cocoa” B. on September 25, 2016 at 6:40 pm

I agree….most definitely she is a hater and jealous

2. britishrose on May 19, 2016 at 11:42 am

N
    O
    O
    O SHE NEED TO REDUCE HER HUGH LIP AND FIRE HER MAKEUP AND HAIR FOLKS!!!!

3. Malibu Jones on May 19, 2016 at 1:13 pm

Everyone has a story. Lil Mo shouldn’t discount the woman’s life.

4. LaToya ♥ on May 19, 2016 at 3:29 pm

Nobody is thinking about Lil Mo!!! And them soup coolers on her face! First of all Lil Mo is always featured on someone’s song. She doesn’t have a successful solo single. She can sit down and STFU! With her hating ass! Michelle has a story that I definitely look forward to hearing and seeing. Lil NO…grow up hater!

• Cocoa on October 16, 2016 at 6:38 pm

Good one ???? LIL NO LOLOLOL

5. Sabrina on May 19, 2016 at 11:31 pm

No one cared about Lil Mo’s book yet she still released it and to be honest no one was beating down Mo’s door to hear it. It’s sad to see lil mo sound like such a hater! If you have hits why can’t you make more? Michel’le’s story is 10x more relevant than Mo’s was.

6. Virginia Alexander on May 20, 2016 at 3:38 am

Lil Mo STOP acting jealous !!!

7. Brenda on May 20, 2016 at 8:28 pm

I shade is real. Michel’le has a story to tell and history with some of the major rapper back in the day that people loved. Everybody wants to hear the story. Stop the hating cause your story line is not as popular.

8. shellyTheGreat on May 22, 2016 at 5:01 pm

smh, there was no good reason for her to say these things. i wish we never would have gotten to know lil mo’s personality and that she would have just stuck to singing. she has a great voice, but now i will never be able to separate her personality from her voice.

9. Da Trap Pro Pat Pat on May 22, 2016 at 10:50 pm

She telling the truth. You people can cry and bitch all you want, but ratings don’t lie. Extra low ratings, watch, oh wait, nobody will be watching. LOL!

• DL on September 27, 2016 at 4:09 am

Probably because it’s on lifetime. Biopics are about an interesting story not hit. NWA had no hits ever on the radio. But the movement behind the group and what they were talking about and experiencing is what made the movie dope. Especially since 2 of the members became super successful and famous and one died of AIDS. MIchel’le was engaged to Dr. Dre for many years and has his son. She also “married” Suge KNight years after Dre left her for his now wife Nicole. Some people close say she slept with Tupac also which is why they thinK Suge may have had something to do with him getting offed. Either way her story is 10x more interesting than anything I’d want to see about Mariah, or J Lo and definitely more interesting the Lil big lipped MO. LOL

• Da Trap Pro Pat Pat on September 27, 2016 at 8:58 am

NWA had no hits on the radio????????? Stop repeating shit you don’t know about. You repeat wrong info. And glad you just learned who these people are. But I lived it, I do not need a mini bio.

• JSalsa on October 21, 2016 at 10:51 pm

Omg from the film I totally thought she and Tupac got together

• JSalsa on October 21, 2016 at 10:48 pm

Haaaa! You were wrong, the ratings are out and she got the highest views fit that wknd… Millions tuned in and you know you did too

• Da Trap Pro Pat Pat on October 23, 2016 at 6:46 pm

The weekend. Oh, that is success? 300 million people in America. You said who watched?????? Do people even watch tv on the weekend? LOL…you are so simple it is sad. FLOP!

• Taahira Mcgee on February 27, 2017 at 7:39 pm

I watched it and it probably one of the best movies I’ve seen on Lifetime. Better than the Whitney and Aaliyah fiasco.

10. Yetunde on July 26, 2016 at 6:28 am

When jealousy rears its ugly head… I watched the first 2 seasons of R&B Divas, and Lil Mo came across as a silly immature woman, so I’m not really surprised by her reaction. It’s funny where she claims to have had more hits than Michel’le. I can only think of one song from her where she isn’t just singing the chorus. Yes, it’s true, maybe we only want to see Michel’le’s story because of her link to Dr Dre, but that’s enough for most.

11. India on October 15, 2016 at 3:31 pm

I like Mo, but her opinion is irrelevant. If Mariah, JLo, and Mart have a story to tell, I’m more than sure they wouldn’t have a problem doing just that. I can’t stand when when people fall out then suddenly you have a problem with ish they do; to me that tells me you were secretly hating from the start, that friendship wasn’t sincere if now that we aren’t cool, you’re mad about my endeavors.
    That’s just ugly and bitter when you minimize someone’s story. Grow up, Lil Mo.

12. Dee on October 15, 2016 at 8:18 pm

Lil Mole LOL S ounds jealous I’m watching it now along with millions of other viewers I’m sure

13. Gina on October 15, 2016 at 10:09 pm

Lil Mo is such a jealous, ugly female. Michel’le is a beautiful woman and she is a part of hip-hop history. I honestly, don’t know of anything worthwhile that Lil MO has done. Who is she? All that I know about Lil MO is she has a bunch of kids, minimal talent, and big nasty lips. Lil Ho, get a life, and leave the talented, and beautiful Michel’le alone!!!!!

14. Cocoa on October 16, 2016 at 6:37 pm

Lil mo’s hating behind need to go somewhere and wash her stankin’ azz feet. Yeah y’all remember on the show, the smell almost had her husband earling. Lol I think it was the second husband.

• Queen ? Leo ♌ on October 17, 2016 at 2:07 am

i remember lol!!!!

15. miracle fields on October 16, 2016 at 11:35 pm

Hmmm mighty funny a lot of people gave her the time of day. Some people should be quiet, 3 marriages…. Hm OK let you be great.

• Reginald Rogers on October 17, 2016 at 6:43 pm

I think it’s important for everyone that was effected by thr tribulation during NWA come-up to be hear.
      Michel’le included she has a message to offer that’s what’s important.

16. Queen ? Leo ♌ on October 17, 2016 at 2:09 am

hahhaaa, i love Mo, as a singer, anything else, girl bye.

17. Tasha on October 18, 2016 at 3:41 pm

Lil Mo is a ghetto rat hood booger. NO ONE is/was checking on it story! I use to like some of her music but this shows how BITTER and two faced she is towards Michel’le when she acted like she was friend and understood her at one time.

18. JSalsa on October 21, 2016 at 10:45 pm

Haaaaa! Well I guess Mo was wrong, the biopic was a hit and everyone loved Michel’le story, she’s on top again

19. Damya Harris on November 19, 2016 at 1:35 am

OF COURSE SHE DOES! Lil mo just jealous?.If Michel’le wanted to tell her story in a movie let her do it. I’m a big fan of Miichel’le and I will always be on her side instead of hers. Miichel’le got all the hitss I have never in my life heard a song by Lil mo. (to be honest ). Michel’le is beautifull #WCE??????????????

20. WEJ on January 9, 2017 at 11:29 am

I always wondered what happened to Micche’le since I liked her music back in the day and I’m glad they did the show about her and how Dre and Suge screwed up her career.