The truth behind Tamar Braxton’s exit from ‘The Real’: She was ‘ghetto’

Photo credit: @therealdaytime/Instagram

Photo credit: @therealdaytime/Instagram

Details emerge surrounding Tamar Braxton’s shocking exit from “The Real.”

As previously reported, the singer and television personality was recently fired from the daytime talk show.

Braxton led fans to believe the big blow came shortly after being stabbed in the back by someone “close to her,” writing, “I love u all but I have been stabbed in the back by someone I stupidly trusted (not my man or my sisters) I am not about to be tried and tested to snitch (?) and it’s not in good taste to tell you who…… but as #tamartians you are very smart and can figure things out on your own. But know that everyone who smiles in your face is NOT your friend and is NOT cheering for you and will LIE and try and tear u down to TRY and dim your light. Thank GOD HE HOLDS MY FUTURE AND MY HAND! (Remember who u are) …. I am Tamar Braxton. And if you thought for 1 sec u played me….” via Instagram.

She added, “In the late great prince and the amazing Beyoncé voice you PLAYED yourself? to God be the Glory and I will be taking a short break from ALL social media…until then❤️ yourself and WATCH YOUR BACK (I put this picture up because this is the embrace I got from my sister and best friend that she ALWAYS gives when she knows I’ve been had).”

Still, there seemed to be more to the story.

The following day, Sunday, May 22, “The Real” (along with Braxton) issued a statement claiming that the split was mutual: “THE REAL and Tamar Braxton have mutually decided that Tamar will not be continuing with the show for its upcoming third season. She will be leaving in order to concentrate on her solo career. Everyone associated with THE REAL appreciates Tamar’s efforts and the contributions she has made to the show’s success, and we wish her all the best for the future.”

Meanwhile, a source tells the Daily Mail it was actually Braxton’s bad behavior that weighed heavily on “The Real’s” decision to part ways with her – for instance a recent temper tantrum: “‘It was an ugly scene. Pinterest was sponsoring the segment and Tamar was genuinely upset she was losing the game. She really acted out during the taping in front of the studio audience and then exploded behind the scenes once the show was done. Producers had to heavily edit the segment to make it presentable to air on TV, but the sponsor was on set for the segment and witnessed it all.”

The source went on to allege Braxton’s “ghetto” mannerisms didn’t exactly sit well with viewers either: “The focus group research showed that most educated and working women did not identify with Tamar’s show vernacular and her use of words known to be popular among drag queens and some gay men — phrases like ‘get your life,’ ‘where they do that at,’ and ‘have several seats.’ “

It was even said that the “Braxton Values” star seemed more suited to be a judge on “RuPaul’s Drag Race” instead of a talk show host: “The research went on to say that most educated and working women found her to be ‘ghetto’ and that her aggressive eye-rolling, neck-rolling, and the smacking of her mouth were indicative of ‘stereotypical behavior that African American women have worked years to overcome.'”

1. Lamar Battle on May 25, 2016 at 1:18 pm

Hey wasn’t the show called the real………….Just saying. Leave that woman alone.

2. staccee on May 25, 2016 at 2:10 pm

so glad she’s gone but still won’t stat watching again

3. ohdearme on May 25, 2016 at 3:00 pm

I hate “source” stories, don’t be a coward! Or STFU!

4. hidaya on May 25, 2016 at 3:21 pm

It’s not always cool to be loud, rude, ignorant, and classless. Learn how to be a lady, Tamar!

• Itzjake on May 30, 2016 at 10:35 am

Never cool. Some “family values”

5. Likewaterforchoc on May 25, 2016 at 4:50 pm

I would not go so far as to call her ghetto, but she is loud and over-dramatic by nature. Shame on the producers, because she is very visible on TV, so it’s not as if they were clueless as to what they were getting.

• Itzjake on May 30, 2016 at 10:36 am

Good God what would you consider ghetto? No talent affirmative action or diversity show

• Likewaterforchoc on May 31, 2016 at 2:35 pm

Because she is not from the ghetto. She is a preacher’s kid who grew up pretty much middle class. Her whole schtick actually comes across as very “drag-queenish” or a flamboyant gay black man. She uses a lot of terms from the black gay vernacular. I believe that people like to throw the word “ghetto” around to of course only describe black people, in general, so I have made myself more aware of how they use it.

6. deena braun on May 26, 2016 at 8:44 am

Agree. She was much too ghetto. An embarrassment to watch.

• Vanessa Kildare on May 31, 2016 at 10:07 am

From what I’ve noticed, it seems like even her husband is scared to rebuke her with her disgusting behavior. She’s too much to handle. It’s her way or hit the highway!!!

7. Valica96 on May 27, 2016 at 8:28 pm

I’m sorry, is this suppose to be a good picture of her. I just don’t see it. She looks like a dumb girl pretending to be or look smart

8. cupcake333 on May 29, 2016 at 4:37 pm

OMMG NO WAY SHE GOT DOUBLE DIPPED IN DOO DOO LMAAAAO REALLY now ya know when network people get to talk them be educated rich blacks too VINCE GONNA NEED SUPER DAMAGE CONTRL TEAM TO GET TAMAR BACK ON… she made a even bigger mistake thinkin there are really someone callled TAMARSIANS LOOKIN OVER HER FORGETTIN ALL HER YES LORD HOLY BEHAVIOR WAS OFFENDING REAL CHRISTIAN !!!!!!! I FEEL SORRY FOR HER CAUSE VINCE REALLY should of stopped her stead

of lett it go so far she was booted off dancing with the stars too STRANGLY SHE WAS DOIN TOO MUCH ! she was tryin to creat a brand that tv viewers didnt like and the one who liked her like her for her music which iS great

i too knew she was over extra I WAS IN DENIAL 2 white folks was ok with laughin at her since they think we all are ghetto FEMALES but blackS were not happy with her acting like rich black folk all sound like HOODIES

• Itzjake on May 30, 2016 at 10:30 am

Google translator blew up trying to figure out your post. Ghetto gets you nowhere in life. Try English!

9. Itzjake on May 30, 2016 at 10:34 am

Love the “smart” glasses. Kinda like someone putting glasses on a dog or cat as a joke

10. Tonya Scales on May 31, 2016 at 3:57 pm

Wait they didn’t just meet her..why put her on knowing who she was and then complain…yes she had some. Diva moments..but Jeanie and Adriane not to far off…please..please don’t put that keke Palmer gyrl on there..leave the 4 and move Adriane beside Tamara her loud self

11. Just1gem on June 1, 2016 at 6:14 pm

Tamar is a talented, smart woman with a lot of potential. But Tamar’s behavior on camera (the real and braxton values) comes across as very inappropriate. I certainly wouldn’t want my daughter or neices emulating her behavior. Hopefully she will look back at some of the footage objectively and make changes instead of stubbornly digging her heals in and lashing out at others. Time for growth.