Mary J. Blige’s stepdaughter battered and bruised, vows to press charges

@tuesdaysheart/Instagram

@tuesdaysheart/Instagram

Briana Latrise Isaacs, stepdaughter of the “Queen of Hip Hop Soul” Mary J. Blige has come forward with shocking accusations that she, like Blige, is a victim of domestic abuse.

On Friday, July 8, Isaacs posted a series of disturbing video clips via Instagram, highlighting a long list of injuries, including a visibly busted lip and bloody gash over her right eye. “Ah s—. I do need stitches don’t I? Ah s—, am I going to have a scar?” said Isaacs. “Great another scar from another n—a beating up on me. I sure know how to pick them.”

Meanwhile, an insider tells rolling out, this was not a first occurrence. “It’s a shame, this is her second time being physically assaulted by a boyfriend, Iman Omari. I know her stepmother is a huge advocate against domestic violence and I know her father, Kendu, wants better for her.”

According to a second clip released by Isaacs, she is also suffering from a slight concussion in addition to slurred speech. “It’s been a long night. My son is safe — he didn’t see anything. Thank God.” While the mother of one appeared to initially place blame on herself, admitting she “spit in his face,” while lying on the ground following the beating, she (and a ‘friend’ in the background) quickly had a change of heart, stating there was “no justification” for the assault.

“Just to continue and end it — I’m still beautiful on the inside and outside. I’m just a little bruised up,” Isaacs said to the camera with a wink. “I just had my jaw realigned last week. Now I have to have it done again. That s— is not cheap,’ continued Isaacs. In the meantime, Briana says the bloody blow will “stop nothing” as she will “absolutely be pressing charges” against her attacker.

“My son doesn’t deserve to see his mom beat up. I don’t deserve to be beat up. I love wholeheartedly,” she said.

As fans know far too well, Blige is a long time advocate against domestic abuse. In December 2014, Blige released a striking domestic abuse-themed visual for “Whole Damn Year,” taking a backseat as couples fought dramatically — a blistering, starkly literal take on the song’s unsettling lyrics: “It took a whole damn year to repair my body,” sings Blige over a static-soaked piano hook. “Winter turned most of my heart / Spring punched me right in the stomach.”

Up next, our insider tells us that Isaacs is “filming WE tv’s ‘Growing Up Hip Hop’ season two.”

Show her some support in the comment section below.

1. Elaine on July 9, 2016 at 9:20 pm

I am saddened that this mother would take her abuse to social media, this is nothing to talk about and take lightly. I pray that her child doesn’t see this. Everything doesn’t have to be posted on social media for attention. Prayers.

• Erica C on July 10, 2016 at 9:03 pm

As a victim of child abuse, I wish that I had social media back then to help protect me and shame my abusive “parents” back then. Abusers deserve to be put on blast. Hiding abuse only brings shame to the victims.

2. cupcake333 on July 10, 2016 at 11:37 am

i think she lookin for her 15 min of fame and to embarrass her dad which probably didnt know are care bout her train wreck relatioship he musta ben absentee daddy …. child support checks dont make up for talkin to your girls bout dirty dudes whom are also the product of a broken NO DADDY RAISING SHE LOOK A FREAKLE FACE FOOL FOR REAL AND NEED TO GET OFF FACEBOOK AND SEEK DAM COUNSEL

• Tyga Ny on July 11, 2016 at 4:09 am

See even women blame the victim, lol. SMH. You sound like the people blaming the police shooting victims for their own deaths.

• cupcake333 on July 14, 2016 at 10:17 am

im saying you dont really credit a female on social media if she want help she want get it embarrassing mary and kendu .. she never come out before now? why
        she putting her self in more danger cause a crazy man will blow up over his familie seeing her like this and he is blamed .. she just a ugly chick to me dont look like no victim why not just get naked and show her brusised instead of a cryin ugly face .
        im sorry million of women are in shelters and if she wanted to hide her daddy got money to relocate her anywhere she want this is a way to be noticed chasing fame a victim seeks help

3. Julia Caldwell on July 10, 2016 at 12:37 pm

Domestic abuse violence is an epidemic and systematic of our culture. No one seems to care until you’re in a relationship and it’s happening to you. However, disappointing, there are signs. Women, you should learn them and get out quickly, this does not get better, but worse. Battered is only a symptom of this disease, you can die.

4. Bemccfel Gabdesbra on July 11, 2016 at 1:03 pm

All I say is couldn’t be my child getting beat down by a man. Daddy where you at, protect your daughter, its is apparent he has no fear of you, not good. You’re suppose to set that precedent early on so that they know if they feel the need to beat her, please send her home before reacting and everybody will be okay.

• cupcake333 on July 14, 2016 at 10:23 am

proof kenu was busy chasing marys money and sending a check monthly insead of spending time wit her mary never had kids so she dont fully understand usually females with no kids are jealous of a man spreading his time with kids never know maybe this was bases of their fight an abusive man will back off if a girl has strong father bond or brother bond.. she oviously didnt have that protection

5. Barbara Saunders on July 11, 2016 at 10:25 pm

Leave the madness…………I didn’t read the whole story tho.

6. Renee on July 18, 2016 at 12:04 pm

So sorry that this has happened you. This best thing about this, is that you are speaking up about this. You are a voice for those who are afraid to admit what is going on. Stay strong and yes you are beautiful.

7. Rose Martinez on July 21, 2016 at 2:20 pm

Keep your head up. Stay strong. Ur a beautiful woman. No woman deserves to be beaten on not by a man she loves.i was a victim of DV. Got out the situation and are doing better.

8. Debra on July 28, 2016 at 4:43 pm

that’s why you should choose you’re mate wisely in the beginning of the relationship the signs be their but women’s ignore them because they be desperate for love. that’s why you should wait for God stop hand picking you’re men’s. always look at the signs don’t go against it. praying for her

9. Meka on July 28, 2016 at 6:02 pm

As I saw my father may he rest in peace but beat my mom for years it took me a long time to realize this is not what a woman should go thru period at all I stayed there with my mom while my father did those horrible things to her it even came down to him putting a 357 to her head with a full clip trying to empty it in her but the gun jammed everytime he put it to her head it never went off but he would turn it around and shoot in the air I say to this day God was with my mother and yet she still stayed by his side please women it’s not healthy to stay in abusive relationships get out get out get out

10. chinuex on July 29, 2016 at 8:33 am

Are they saying that Mary Blige is also a victim of DV?

11. Slim Country on July 30, 2016 at 9:38 am

He should be exposed everyone should know what ge did to this lady.now y’all blaming her for putting 4it out there y’all should be ashame of yourself.thats y alot of women keep stuff like this to their self because they think they want get the support they need and it will only get worse.i think what she did was brave.i wonder how you will feel if your daughter came home like that…

12. Loretta g on October 16, 2016 at 10:25 am

Does anyone know that Briana Latrice had her child taken away by cps ? She’s a drug addict and she was looking for 15 mins of fame. Smh

13. Andi Watson on November 10, 2016 at 10:09 pm

Watching the show it seems that this young lady is on drugs or something the way that she is carrying herself (check the show “Growing Up Hip Hop”). No domestic violence relationship is okay, whether it is a man hitting a woman or a woman hitting a man. This young lady needs some serious counseling and an intervention done on her behalf to save her life. She is crying out for help and it is really sad that instead of her father fighting hard to keep his little girl and grandchild safe he is worrying about the 130,00 dollars that he is used to having to live a good life. I have seen my mother abused by men that claim to have loved her and she had to walk away in order to break the cycle. I know that not everyone is strong, but if you can post your bloody face on social media for the world to see and your child to google years from now and find then you can channel some of that energy to get the help that you need. I will pray for her and her situation, that GOD gives her the peace that she needs in her life so that she can make wiser decisions for her and her child.

14. Christopher Williams on November 20, 2016 at 5:52 am

I remember her punching Charles Hamiltin in the face over words in a rap battle between them when they were dating a few years ago. Kudos to Charles not hitting her back. This video went viral and ruined his promising career https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=37QImJBJXlE

15. K'Haige on November 26, 2016 at 4:02 am

Briana is fraud…..she’s trying to be seen! She been taking licks from him all of a sudden now she wanna speak out……when his finger tip touch her nose that was should’ve been sign to get out!

16. Nayboo on December 8, 2016 at 10:50 pm

I think she is taking the abuse just to get a story line. Seen it before, some women like to be beat. Makes me mad cause I was a woman who was abused and went much to get away. And I hid my abuse. Social media knew nothing about it because I was ashamed. The show she on seems to set up the story. I know what’s gonna happen next. She got beat yes, but on the show, it looks like she provoked it. She need to stop that.

17. Tracy Hunter on March 18, 2017 at 6:16 pm

I commend her for speaking out. Keeping quiet about situations such as these is why it happens continuously in the world. Maybe it will encourage someone else experiencing a similar situation to stand up against being violated.

18. Gloria on May 25, 2017 at 3:41 pm

This is what I hate about reality shows. The cast allows for cameras to follow them and they know very well how much of their private life will be aired, just makes me wonder if the crap that we see is 100% real. I watched an episode in which Briana chooses to talk to her abusive BF after he beats her up. Is that the message she wants to send to young girls and women!?!? Is she that stupid or is it only drama for tv? Makes no sense to me!

19. miamac63 on August 4, 2017 at 4:37 am

She carries a victim mentality on the show, angry and jealous of those who have money and fame. She admits that before her dad met Mary, they were struggling.