‘I’m voting Trump,’ says Michigan party director of African-American Engagement

WayneBradley

Donald Trump and Michigan Republican Party Director of African American Engagement Wayne Bradley exchange smiles and a handshake during Donald Trump’s visit to Great Faith Ministries church in Detroit on Saturday, September 3, 2016. (Photo Credit: Wayne Bradley FB)

Donald Trump created a media firestorm when he visited Great Faith Ministries church in Detroit on Saturday, Sept. 3. All of the major media outlets including CNN and MSNBC, were on site to capture the historic moment. Some say he only visited to try to pander votes from the Black community, and that this was only the first of many visits to Detroit to do so.

Rolling out was on the scene and talked exclusively with Michigan Republican Party Director of African American Engagement Wayne Bradley to get his take on Trump’s visit. Read what Bradley had to say below.

Can you tell us from your perspective why Donald Trump visited a Black church in Detroit?
Donald Trump seemed to be very touched by the support and the love, which I knew that he was going to have to say something coming to a Black church, that he would feel something here and I believe sincerely that he really does want to make America better for everyone. And now, hopefully this is the rollout of him expressing that to urban communities throughout America. Yesterday he was in Philly, today he’s in Detroit, and this is a good start.

What did Donald Trump have to say when he addressed the crowd at the church? What did he have to say about the Black community?
He talked about how the things that he wanted to improve, and he spoke a lot about jobs and education. And you can not have a solid foundation without a good education. He talked about school choice, and I’m a big time school choice advocate so, when I hear someone talk about that I get excited. I think that what he’s talking about is definitely in the right direction. He talked about making sure justice was for everyone. And so to me, he touched on all the right things, to make folks at least say maybe I should listen to what Donald Trump has to say.

So, do you think he may have converted some of the Black voters?
It’s very possible. Again, people don’t trust Hillary Clinton. So, they’re looking for a reason to support Donald Trump. He also talked about protecting religious freedoms, which again to the faith based community, that’s big. You have people now that are concerned that our faith and our values are being trampled upon. And he spoke up to that. And that crosses over any ethnicity lines, white evangelicals , Black evangelicals, that are concerned with the direction that our country is going in and the fact that they can even preach their word without having to worry about repercussions from the government or things of that nature. I think what he was talking about was progression. It was on point for where he was at today.

So, you’re obviously a Trump supporter and we don’t even have to ask you who you’re voting for.
I work for the Michigan Republican Party. No question about it, I’m voting for Donald Trump.

1. My Name on September 5, 2016 at 9:23 pm

Let’s see what Trump can do, we’ve had enough Bushs and Clintons. America needs new leadership.

• Sol Rothstein on September 5, 2016 at 11:07 pm

He is going to DEPORT 6 million illegals…THAT’S a jobs GAIN for BLACK AMERICA…

• Tafari on September 6, 2016 at 10:10 am

I don’t think people are gonna be rushing for low wage unskilled positions, think again!

• Sol Rothstein on September 7, 2016 at 1:51 pm

Sir,

I hope you do know, that HISPANICS have surpassed BLACKS in Wealth, Education, and Politics. We have been relegated to 4th Class Citizenship.

1st Class Citizens — Whites and Asians

2nd Class Citizens — African Immigrants, Caribbean Immigrants and Hispanics.

3rd Class Citizens — illegal Hispanics

4th Class Citizens — Blacks Born In the USA.

– Hispanics have a Purchasing Power of Approx… $1.6 Trillion Dollars

– Blacks have a Purchasing Power of Approx… $1.1 Trillion Dollars

– Hispanics don’t associate with BLACKS they associate with WHITES

Now with that little information and the fact that WE/Blacks are being replaced with Hispanics…I think you need a WALL Built ASAP…

Trump 2016 !!!

• Sol Rothstein on September 7, 2016 at 1:52 pm

Sir,

1st Class Citizens — Whites and Asians

2nd Class Citizens — African Immigrants, Caribbean Immigrants and Hispanics.

3rd Class Citizens — illegal Hispanics

4th Class Citizens — Blacks Born In the USA.

– Hispanics have a Purchasing Power of Approx… $1.6 Trillion Dollars

– Blacks have a Purchasing Power of Approx… $1.1 Trillion Dollars

– Hispanics don’t associate with BLACKS they associate with WHITES

Trump 2016 !!

• Yvonne M. Reed on September 7, 2016 at 5:36 pm

That not a immigrant issue that is all US! We can’t get it together as a race, we fight each other instead of helping each other. Please don’t be stupid.

• Sol Rothstein on September 8, 2016 at 1:22 pm

Dumb ass BLACK WOMAN…what do you think All them whites were at one point in America? IMMIGRANTS…and you see how that ended for BLACKS…

NOW WHAT do you think is going to happen when HISPANICS get a foothold in America…HELLO…just go to South America and see how they treat BLACK FOLKS in South America…They are untouchables…meaning they treat BLACKS worse than in America.

DUMB ASS BLACK FOLKS like you gonna be deported if Hillary Clinton wins…

SHE has already CALLED YOU a Super-PREDATOR !!!

Hispanics don’t like BLACK FOLKS…and they associate with WHITE FOLKS.

• Rosalie Parker on September 21, 2016 at 1:32 pm

We don’t need Trump.

• My Name on September 21, 2016 at 2:30 pm

Then who do you need?

• Rosalie Parker on September 21, 2016 at 3:12 pm

Don’t need to explain it but I definitely don’t need Chump – I despise him.

• My Name on September 21, 2016 at 8:14 pm

We need Trump. It doesn’t matter who you despise.

• Rosalie Parker on September 22, 2016 at 7:12 am

When you say we don’t include me. If anything it doesn’t matter what you need – you are not going to get it because he is going to lose and I will take part in his defeat. Now be gone. I don’t want to hear from your stupid Chump loving a s s. You are just as irrelevant to me as Don Chump.

• My Name on September 22, 2016 at 9:29 am

We need Trump more than ever.

• Rosalie Parker on September 22, 2016 at 10:04 am

Bish please – I told you I don’t want to hear that BS. If I don’t want to hear from you I can do something about it. You have been kicked off my island – BLOCK THAT BISH!

• My Name on September 22, 2016 at 11:34 am

Trump will solve the problems, Hillary cannot.

2. Mercedes Simpson on September 7, 2016 at 12:19 pm

The man is crazy and I’m not speaking of Trump this time. Trump spoke on what he wanted. No one was allowed to ask questions of their own, only approved questions were asked by approved people, so all this was a photo op. Sometimes Blacks make me ashamed of them, because of their lack of standing for something. If you don’t agree with Hilary. vote for someone else that is actually going to do something. Voting for Trump is setting Blacks back more than 400 years. Trump probably ran to wash his hands after this pic. Trump doesn’t want to be president anymore than a 2yr old that has just as much knowledge about running a country as Trump does.

• Sol Rothstein on September 7, 2016 at 4:41 pm

You are a really DUMB BLACK BITCH. Do you not understand, the DEMOCRATS have done NOTHING, NOTHING for BLACKS…Obama let us down.

NOW if you BLACKS are too stupid, to vote for TRUMP SHAME on you when them Hispanics run you out of America.

• Yvonne M. Reed on September 7, 2016 at 5:39 pm

No you are the stupid one for believing this man and if he becomes president I will be happy to remind you of your comment as you stand in the unemployment line…bitch. If you can’t have an adult debate go back under that rock

• Sol Rothstein on September 8, 2016 at 1:24 pm

DICK FACE…Black WHORE…

I would never be in the UNEMPLOYMENT LINE…as I am a millionaire and own several successful businesses…

I am NIGG NEWTON’S cousin…we all RICH, BLACK, JEWS….

3. Teresa Gott on September 7, 2016 at 6:40 pm

Why is it so hard to believe that black people would vote for Trump? I can’t say that I’m a big supporter but we should look at some facts. Trump has $ from his family and business. Hillary is rich while being in office. It seems wrong that anyone who is classified as a “public servant” can be soooo much richer than the people who vote for them. Washington DC has the highest per capita income in the nation AND the highest % of people receiving food stamps. What does this tell us about the leaders of our country?