“Black-ish,” Angie Tribeca star and two-time EMMY® nominated writer and actor Deon Cole and “Rosewood,” “The Real Husbands of Hollywood” and seven-time NAACP ImageAward nominated actress Nicole Ari Parker host an exciting night of inspiration, history and crowd-rousing performances at the 25th annual Trumpet Awards, the prestigious annual event celebrating African American achievements and contributions is set to air on Sunday, Jan. 29 at 9 p.m. EST on Bounce.
Bounce recently acquired all assets of The Trumpet Awards and now owns, produces and exclusively premieres the star-studded ceremony, this year held at the Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre in Atlanta on Saturday, Jan. 21, 2017.
Highlights from the show include:
- Lifetime Achievement Trumpet Award-winning New Edition being saluted by R&B bands Jagged Edge, Silk and The Transitions with a medley of the iconic group’s hits including “Candy Girl,” Mr. Telephone Man” and “Cool It Now” that had the audience dancing in the aisles.
- Regina Belle, BJ The Chicago Kid and Kenny Lattimore performing “A Whole New World,” “Feel the Fire” and “If Ever You’re in My Arms Again” to honor Trumpet Legend Award recipient Peabo Bryson.
- A show-stopping all-star Gospel Music Tribute featuring Shirley Caesar, Erica Campbell, Jekalyn Carr, Le’Andria Johnson, Travis Greene and Canton Jones.
- Tamela Mann, Lalah Hathaway and Keke Wyatt bringing the house down in individual performances.
- A memorable spoken-word presentation by Iman Cezanne and Javon Johnson which elicited thunderous applause and brought the audience to their feet.
Here are the cutest couples and pairs captured on the red carpet.