Ten phenomenal women leaders in the communications industry were honored at the 2018 Matrix Awards before a crowd of nearly 1,000 at New York City’s Sheraton Times Square.
Savannah Guthrie, co-anchor of “TODAY,” emceed the awards. The Matrix Awards honors women in communications who are at the pinnacle of their careers and is considered the most prestigious communications award.
The 2018 Matrix honorees and presenters included:
- Halle Berry – Academy Award-winning actress; presented by Michael I. Roth, chairman and CEO, Interpublic Group
- Mika Brzezinski – co-host, MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” founder, Know Your Value; presented by Joe Scarborough, Co-Host, MSNBC’s “Morning Joe”
- Kim Kelleher – chief business officer, GQ, Golf Digest, Pitchfork, WIRED, Ars Technica, Condé Nast; presented by Wendy Clark, global president and CEO, DDB Worldwide
- Betsy Kenny Lack – head of global brand strategy, Snap Inc.; presented by Evan Spiegel, CEO and co-founder, Snap Inc.
- Dia Simms – president, Combs Enterprises; presented by Sarah Hemminger, founder and CEO, THREAD
- Alexandra Trower – EVP, Global Communications, The Estée Lauder Companies; presented by William P. Lauder, executive chairman, The Estée Lauder Companies
- Shelley Zalis – CEO, The Female Quotient; presented by Amen Mugisha, Bridge2Rwanda Scholar
Photo gallery credit: Antoine Debrill