Occupation: Speaker, author, entrepreneur
Years in the business: 3
Name of Book: Authentically Me
Tell me about the Authentically Me blueprint?
Authentically Me takes individuals on a journey from a place of pain to a place of peace. Finding freedom from the pain first comes as a result of being authentic, or what I call in the book “living your truth,” which is simply being true to who you are. Once you start accepting your truth and living your truth, you can then start to deal with your problems in a healthy way.
What is the premise of the Roz House and how can others get involved?
The Roz House was started in 2009 in memory of my dear friend, the late Rosalyn Brunswick McDuffie, a gospel singer, actress and an advocate for women. The Roz House serves women who are in transition, be it coming from prison, abusive situations or needing to get back on their feet after experiencing severe loss. Others can get involved by volunteering or donating at the Roz House website.
What are your top 5 tips to achieving a better you?
- Always be your authentic self and confidence is key. Nothings more beautiful than knowing who you are knowing why you are here on earth.
- Practice mindfulness, which is simply paying attention. Too often we speed through life and never notice the pleasurable moments and miracles along the way.
- Be a daily giver by looking for ways to make someone else’s life and the world a better place, one kind act at a time.
- Be grateful! Gratitude will always open the door for more opportunities.
- Get rid of OPA Syndrome (Other People’s Approval). It was one of the most liberating things I have ever done.
What’s next for Kim Bady?
I am working on a children’s book with my son, Brice. He is 8 years old, and together we are writing a book of affirmations for children, which will be out by the fall of 2012.