Michelle Obama blasted for wearing expensive dress to state dinner

michelle-obama-state dressConservatives and Republicans lost their minds when first lady Michelle Obama had the audacity to wear a $12,000 couture frock to the state dinner at the White House with President Obama and distinguished guest French President Francois Hollande on Tuesday, Feb. 11, 2014.

Mostly, Obama haters took almost fiendish delight in pointing out that her dinner gown price tag was more than the U.S. poverty level, as one troll pointed out.

What do you think about Mrs. Obama’s dress and especially the bellyaching from the right wing?

1. Sybill on February 15, 2014 at 10:49 am

Whatever. She’s been wearing clothes from J.Crew & Target forever. Most 1st ladies, Senator’s wives, etc, wore the super expensive clothes from the jump. Shoot, Sarah Palin got a whole new wardrobe & she didn’t even make the cut! So give me a total break with this nonsense. Besides, I think most people realize by now that these designers give their clothes to certain people (yes the FLOTUS would be one of them, duh) It’s a coup for the designers, free advertising & their sales do go up after she wears it. Lastly, I do believe that with her credentials (& her husband’s) BEFORE the White House ever happened, she could’ve made the type of income to afford that dress & quite a bit more. Long story short, shut up & get over it!

• montgomeryjhm on February 15, 2014 at 8:37 pm

Not her husband cost us our health insurance. 12,000 is some people’s premiums. Go fuck yourself.

• Sybill on February 17, 2014 at 2:29 am

Oh my. I am impressed with your blatant ignorance. It is unfortunate about your insurance. However one thing has nothing to do with another. I wasn’t aware you had access to their bank accounts both past & present. The bottom line is, as stated by others below, there has been plenty of past 1st ladies who’ve had carte blanc to spend with our money. Let’s assume (you speaking as a jackass I figured you would identify) some of the present FLOTUS’ clothes were purchased with the people’s money. So how’s this: I’ve paid taxes since my 1st job at 15. I don’t know where “your” money went. MY money & MY family’s money will gladly buy OUR 1st lady a few dresses. As to your closing statement: Perhaps that is something your mother should have done before she conceived you. Then we would all spared your angry hatefulness. I reiterate…WHATEVER!

• montgomeryjhm on February 17, 2014 at 3:35 pm

It just shows how classless you are. Take the nigger out the country but can’t take the country out the nigger. It seems my mother conceived a better results. Never knew my mother.she was kill. My insurance is just fine. I never depended on what someone was going to promise me. i retired at 55 in 2005 from two jobs.If it sounded to good to be true,then it is.I worked since I was seven. When the black population suffering mainly from these two in the White House, it sets a bad example to flaunt when these two accused conservatives the same thing. Unlike you , I prefer “NOT” to have my nose up someone’s crack that doesn’t give a dame about me. You would ,but not me. More than any other time history , blacks have suffered more under Nobama. Every district the Black Caucus members come from have the highest unemployment and the highest drop out rates.God warn about idols. You and other Obama Robot seemed to have forgotten.look your word hatefulness and look at your comment about my mother conceiving me. Leftest are hypocrices. it’s not long before fall flat on their face.

• Sybill on February 18, 2014 at 10:24 am

Obviously unlike other people, I’m well versed in how to speak, spell & understand word definitions. I’m also well aware of the current political climate, the unemployment rates of African-Americans in this country & the proven facts behind it. News flash: I, like everyone else in this country, get to choose what I believe, what & whom I support & I don’t need your permission or acceptance to do it. How dare you bring up God, the bible or anything remotely close to it! Since when are people like you judge & jury? You’re hilarious with the insults. It’s great to see narrow minded, trifling, hate spewing people get angry about President Obama & family. As for my comment about your conception, it wasn’t hateful. It’s insulting. There’s a difference. You should recognize it. You’ve been so since your initial post. Bottom line: your opinion (& your ignorance & your negativity) changes nothing. I’m also retired & did so at 44. My income is great. My insurance is great. My life is great! So I will continue to stand in support of President Obama & 1st lady Obama. I’m sure you’ll be thrilled to hear 1st lady Obama’s butt smells like roses & her underwear are designer. I hope you stay angry because it makes me laugh!

• John H. Montgomery Jr. on February 18, 2014 at 12:25 pm

I HAVE THE RIGHT TO SAY WHAT i FUCKING WANT. MY FAMILY FOUGHT FOR THIS COUNTRY STARTING WITH THE 9TH CAV. BUFFALO SOLDIER. and every war up to the Iraq War. You elitist commie bitch. I disagreed on a lot of things on Bush. But because Obama is black or whatever, I am not suppose to say anything? You better wake up and smell the coffee and not draws. Everyone has not drank the KOOL AID. My anger stems from two totally out of tune with what black folks are going through. Their lack being sensitive of what blacks that put him in office are going through. NO DOUBT YOU ARE ONE OF THESE. You pick when it fits you to t to be black. Like you lord and Savior. Wasted words on assumptions. I laugh at your stupidity and arrogance. What a loser. I never ask you to do anything. Inferiority complex? I would not have admitted you sniffed Mitchells butt. You kiss Obama’s “Johnson” too ? I replied in kind to your insults. Too hot , get out the kitchen. You are small potatoes as far as I am concerned. You are a lie ,if you retired 44. Not buying it. Nobody retires from welfare.We are not playing name that tune. First job retired at 38. Military. I wonder where I have lived that you can’t afford to go. I just laugh at you weak minded people that has fallen heads over heels of two dis-barred lawyers,. fake resumes and sealed records. We have the first gay, black,muslim and communist for president. We thank people like for you for another corrupt four years.

• Sybill on February 19, 2014 at 1:44 pm

Your consistent use of profanity shows your lack of intellect. As for another whiny, angry tirade from you, I remain unmoved & unimpressed. Wah, wah, wah. The Obamas have nice things wah. Everyone’s a communist wah. Nobody understands my struggle wah, wah, wah. I could care less about your welfare comments. I fully support welfare when it’s needed & am proud that I was able to help those who truly needed it through my hard earned tax dollars. I don’t need you to buy anything from me because I’m not affected by your beliefs. It seems as though you are unenlightened that not everyone is struggling & not everyone who is struggling is playing the blame game. I’ve been very blessed to not have those issues & don’t take it lightly. I’m very proud to be a person & from a family that has always helped people less fortunate. THAT is how communities build individually & collectively. Working together, helping each other & moving forward. Not being a naysayer. I don’t have to choose when to be, wait… when did i say I was black??? Hm, how interesting. Now you’re clairvoyant as well. It may shock & amaze you that people come from lots of ethnic backgrounds & know how to stand in support of others. Oh yes, & your obsequious servitude to using a word that was designed to dehumanize black people is wrong on every level. Obviously you can think what you want, feel how you want & say what you want. No matter how stupid it sounds coming from your mouth. The sad thing is, you have a chance to read it before you post it & you still do so. We keep people of your mindset out of our personal circles. Perhaps you’ll be thrilled to know you were a huge topic of conversation at the sociopolitical focus group. Some people felt sorry for you though. You’re in “their” prayers. I’m done with you now because I’m bored with the rapport. Misery loves company & I leave you alone with your miserable outlook. You are the epitome of the type of person that holds us all back. SMH.
            Que Deus Vos Ajude…

• John H. Montgomery Jr. on February 19, 2014 at 11:59 pm

Good you want to close this this beat down you are getting. I have dealt with a better class of people than you. Profanity has nothing to do with intelligence. Reverend Wright used it and was a racist. Bidin said, Big Fucking Deal. A Moron. Patton used curse words, and was the greatest military mind ever. Are you less intelligent talking down to me.With my Bio, I should be talking down to you. You have nothing on me by putting in big words and foreign phrases you had to looked up. Why feel sorry for me? I have lived a life a lot of people only dream about. Instead of sitting in a coffee shop bull shitting about the things of the world. I contribute to the US and the world. I didn’t have some white professor unscrew the top of my head and take a dump. It’s troubling to you, I think for myself.. Do i care what some morons thinks of me. That includes you. No. I lived a life to the fullest. I don’t want elitist praying for me. I am perfectly right with God. You can’t be progressive and a liberal be a christian. Camel has a better chance going through the eye of needle than you and your bunch going to heaven. Please don’t do me any favors.
            Kind of cowardly to discuss me and I not contribute. It’s only because, I would give you an the rest a good spank down.. You ever wonder why conservatives don’t appear on liberal media .Because liberals can’t justify their arguments.Then get nasty and talk about someone’s mom, education and grammar. It gets to people, people like you who took the back bone out of black people by giving them a free ride. Thinking the world owe them something. Take from the haves and give to those that want to sit on their ass. Welfare 2nd and third generations. black people don’t want to work making 40 or 50 thousand a year on my tax money. Why look for job when you can go unemployment for 4 years and stamps. people like don’t like that. If that blows a hole in your thongs, get nother pair.Abortion slaughter houses, gay marriages when it’s already hard to keep black men and women together.What have you done for anyone except talk. So what have I done and other blacks like me. we fought for your right to talk down to people. We believe in getting our own money and not taking from others. We believe being paid for a good days work. Don’t encourage welfare. Where i live now, there is no welfare. There is no unemployment. You don’t work and put in your retirement ,you get nothing.Welfare when I came up, someone sick or having a hard time, we help with their crop. Slaughter a hog or chicken. High and mighty, wouldn’t know anything about that. you don’t work, you don’t eat. people like me fought our nations wars. People you like you spit on soldiers that fought those. People like me late 60s and early 70s went down south registered blacks voting. We did the hard instead of sitting at round table discussing person you don’t agree with or know. How pathetic.. People like me tutored and mentored black children. When is the last time you had a poor kid in your house?.people like me ,want our people to move forward but they are sliding back with your lord and savor.
            I saw the Oval Office before Nobama. My father was a senior aide to Eisenhower both while he was General and president. How many world leaders have you and your knights of the loser table met.I know I have represented my race well. I think you will find there are more out there like me than people like you. liberalism, progressives have destroyed America. No thanks for your part. I and other black men re the role models and the true patriots. Do me a favor and get lost

2. sataylo on February 15, 2014 at 11:34 am

If Mrs. Obama wore a paper bag, people still are going to complain.

• montgomeryjhm on February 15, 2014 at 8:34 pm

if it’s over her head. No.

• Kymwalla on February 16, 2014 at 1:47 am

Bet you were a George W Bush lover, SMDH

• montgomeryjhm on February 16, 2014 at 5:11 pm

I am a democracy lover. Not a gay, communist, Muslim lover.

• Las Brown on February 17, 2014 at 9:09 pm

If you’re a Democracy lover, then you’d love gays, muslims…and all other peoples of the world. You sir, are a pathetic little man…devoid of commonsense and obviously extremely uneducated. Someone in your family should tend to you as you’re obviously not in control of your mental capacity (demented, perhaps?) I’m sorry for you.

• John H. Montgomery Jr. on February 17, 2014 at 10:52 pm

Democracy has nothing to do with loving someone. It’s all about treating people fairly.Obviously you don’t agree with democracy by calling me names because I don’t have your communist views and I am not sucking Obama’s Johnson like rest of your pathetic kind..Why do liberal progressive communist elitist ,the first thing they go after is conservative man’s intelligence? IT’s because they lack the capacity to reason? or the have inferiority complex. So they want to down grade people to their level. Obama was suppose to be the smartest man in the world, yet no records of him being in school. Where do you Occupy Wall street get off on calling someone dumb.You wouldn’t dare say what you said in my face. I would have my foot dead in your ass. Your boy friend would have to find some else until;you healed. If you think it’s natural for another person to plug someone asshole. So be. We didn’t increase our population by marrying the same sex. Muslims hate us as the president who is gay and muslim hate us. I would would still people ass human but I don’t have to be around it. My Family and my bio would make you swim.Go and recharge your Obama phone. no doubt the government has to pay to recharge it. Go to Facebook little man and see if you are less pathetic than I am..

3. jootjoint on February 15, 2014 at 12:43 pm

Funny, I have never heard complaints about other First Ladies and the cost of the gowns they have worn in previous state dinners…..besides, the GoP are the reason why so many citizens are living below the poverty line….they haven’t thought about increasing minimum wage..hell they could simply enact a law to automatically index the minimum wage to the rate of inflation….yes, the GoP/Tee-Tee-Tea Party folks are just the American DreamBusters!

• montgomeryjhm on February 15, 2014 at 8:36 pm

Everything run by democrats in every state is bankrupt.

• Kymwalla on February 16, 2014 at 1:49 am

Think you misspelled a word, let me help Republicans… everything else in the sentence looks correct:)

• montgomeryjhm on February 16, 2014 at 5:13 pm

Someone with a name like Kymwalla can’t correct anyone.

• Sybill on February 17, 2014 at 2:35 am

Kymwalla: You can’t educate the purposely ignorant. They’re content where they are.

• montgomeryjhm on February 17, 2014 at 3:43 pm

I am contented where I am. Retired at 55. Two retirement checks and living in Panama. Oh yes, And Colored

4. letteb on February 15, 2014 at 4:40 pm

BULLSHIT Jackie O’s favorite designer was Oscar de la Renta and she and Nancy Reagan broke out the couture when appropriate. She is FLOTUS and the haters are going to hate.

• montgomeryjhm on February 15, 2014 at 8:33 pm

They could afford theirs. We are paying for hers.

• Ivan Herringbone III on February 17, 2014 at 11:20 am

You sound like a 2 year old. No disrespect to 2 year olds. “They’re gonna eat it all”

• montgomeryjhm on February 17, 2014 at 3:41 pm

And how does a two year old sound. you statement sounds two year old. You show tell me me why i sound like a two old. Instead of giving me a two year old statement.

5. montgomeryjhm on February 15, 2014 at 8:40 pm

people are sufferings and the nobama find a way to rub their elitism in your face.

• Kymwalla on February 16, 2014 at 1:45 am

You are so far off… not sure you even know what you are talking about.

• montgomeryjhm on February 17, 2014 at 3:48 pm

How old are you? not quite 30/ There’s nothing you can school me on. Read some.

• montgomeryjhm hater on February 17, 2014 at 5:05 pm

montgomeryjhm, I read you like a two bit jealous, black American hater. Jealous, Jealous , Jealous. …. maybe because you had to work TWO JOBS 🙁

• John H. Montgomery Jr. on February 18, 2014 at 9:38 am

Jealous about what? i don’t have sealed records. I have a valid birth certificate and SS card. Unlike your gay god. No ass wipe. I finished one career. Retired. Started another career and retired. no food stamps and no welfare. living in Panama and colored

• Kymwalla on February 19, 2014 at 1:30 am

Almost 40

• John H. Montgomery Jr. on February 19, 2014 at 9:06 am

Learn something. liberals and elitist first go after people’s grammar and intelligence. So what if I miss-spelled a word. It’s the contents. I don’t say anything unless I researched or lived it.you don’t call someone a two year old or dumb because they disagree with your politics. You respect their opinions. This is America.Why is it racist to say anything against the Obama’s. It wasn’t racist to talk about Bush. Presidents in the White House have no color. He suppose to represent races. I think they are by far the worst two that ever been in the White House.Why am I not racist? For one, black soldier and German girl. I was born in Germany. Adoptive family, black from Starksville Mississippi. i went to an all black liberal arts college outside Jackson, Mississippi.Why am I not dumb? History and French major. working knowledge of German and Spanish. i served in branch of our military. Marine Corps and Army. Lived full time at different time in three countries and been to 26 others. That’s where my knowledge comes from. “LIFE” I can safely say, I am smarter than Obama by far. Never judge a book by it’s cover.I am not a mean person. but mean people bring it of me.There are a lot of black conservatives out out there. They are tired of being crucified for been so. liberalism, socialism, communism, Marxism and Obamaism has all failed. It’s time blacks go another diriction

• John H. Montgomery Jr. on February 19, 2014 at 9:09 am

Sorry for the miss-spelled words.

6. Tisha on February 15, 2014 at 11:54 pm

The dress is ugly…no matter the cost. It’s fluffy in the back, makes her look like she has a donkey butt…back to eating my dinner now…

• Kymwalla on February 16, 2014 at 1:46 am

It is a pretty ugly dress, but it’s hers. She paid for it, I say rock it!!!!

7. Ivan Herringbone III on February 17, 2014 at 11:19 am

That frumpy tablecloth? Obama haters really love the Obamas. How else could they consistently and publically verbally abuse blacks in America on the low if it wasn’t for the Obamas?

• John Montgomery on February 17, 2014 at 10:12 pm

has nothing to with him being black. He incompetent white or black.