Why Bow Wow still lives at home with his mother

bowwowericamena

In a recent chat with People, former “106 & Park” co-host, Bow Wow revealed that he still lives at home … with his mother. “It just makes sense,” the actor said of the eight-bedroom Atlanta mansion he shares with fiancée Erica Mena, 28; and mother, Teresa Caldwell. “First of all, the house is too big, but I want to make sure my mom is comfortable forever.”

The “CSI Cyber” star went on to reveal that even when he proposed to “Love & Hip Hop” alum Erica Mena last September, he already knew where they’d be starting married life together.

“I remember when I first moved to Atlanta and Jermaine Dupree had the same situation,” he recalls. “He took part of the house and his mom had the whole rest of it. I said then that I wanted to have the same setup.”

And while Moss and Mena have crashed in the remodeled basement, Caldwell has taken over the main level and second floor.

“It’s like I have a condo downstairs,” says Moss, who splits his time between Atlanta and L.A. to film “CSI: Cyber.” “I’ve had 100 people there and my mom has been asleep and has never heard the music, screaming, laughter. I mean full-blown house parties downstairs while she is in the bed asleep. So I’m staying right here.”

Even though all three live under the same roof, Bow Wow, who was born Shad Moss, admits it’s easy to miss one another in such a big home.

“There [are] times where I’ll be down there for three days and we don’t see each other, so it’s like I’m out of town even when I’m here,” he says adding one perk of being so close to mom: “I don’t have to get in the car and drive anywhere to see her. I just come up the stairs and say, “What up, Mom.’ ”

What do you think of Bow Wow’s living situation? Is it a smart decision due to his recent job change and starting a family or should he on his own? Sound off in the comment section below.

1. guest on April 16, 2015 at 10:36 am

Another misleading headline. His mother lives with him, it’s his house.

2. guest on April 16, 2015 at 12:45 pm

I think its great! What’s the problem?

3. britishrose on April 16, 2015 at 1:14 pm

most TIDDAY SUCKER WILL SAY THESE SAME OLD LINES
    1. it makes since the house is big
    2. i hardly see her and my friends are not a problem
    3. i want to be near her incase something happen yet hes in la most the time?
    4. im staying here cause its convient , and i wanted her to have a place to stay . as though she didnt do that before he had money?
    5. i have to watch out for her , no one else will WHY DOES SHE HAVE A MAN?
    TRUTH IS .. most black women with grown sons can never keep a man , he always flee , expecially if the son live in the house , they cling to mommie and hate everyone she likes . and most women find it unbearable to change their minds about this , they stay in their moma affairs and are vindictive and controlling with mommie too .. if they take care of her they threaten to not , if she want comply ..
    no wonder he aint married erica mena would be anut to consider marrying a dude who thinks its ok to still suck tidday … and lie and say its normal

4. britishrose on April 16, 2015 at 1:15 pm

oh YES SHE LIVE WITH HIM BUT HE BOUGHT THE HOUSE FOR HER.. so get your own house even if its next door to hers he has the money and with fiance there was no reason for him to be in the basement typical clingy moma boy , always lying

5. trudy treadwell on April 16, 2015 at 11:57 pm

Don’t be HATERS. There is nothing wrong with him living in the same house as his mother. If his lady has a problem with it, then he would have to come up with another plan. Like you said HE is in LA most of the time. Do his girl have a problem with the arrangement? Do SHE work?

6. lesves15 on April 17, 2015 at 1:03 pm

Whatever is good for him and his wife should be good for anyone looking in.

7. Missy on April 17, 2015 at 4:07 pm

That’s not going to last w him and Erika very long. She is going to want her own house .. Just a matter of time