National Association of Black Accountants’ (NABA) 40th Annual Conference Educates and Empowers
While attending my first NABA conference, it quickly became obvious why this organization has been around for over 40 years and will surely be around for more than 40 more. Here are just a few of the reasons to mark your calendar now for next year’s conference.
1. Many financial industries require practitioners to continually receive ongoing education in their area of expertise in order to maintain their professional licenses. Attendees had outstanding opportunities to attend a wide variety of training for continuing education credits in their respective areas.
2. It was a great opportunity for members to live up to the organization’s motto of “Lifting as We Climb” by helping so many students and recent graduates find positions in their areas of interest with some of the nation’s most prestigious organizations. There is a full daily student agenda during the entire conference.
3. The empowering and insightful events including The Opening Day public forum, the Business-to-Business Breakfast Forum, the Scholarship Luncheon, and the Annual Awards Celebration Banquet.
3. Great networking among one’s peers. There were more executive EVPs, SVPs, VPs, CFOs, directors and managers of color than at a Magic Johnson board meeting. The difference is that the individuals here represent many of the world’s top 100 retailers, financial organizations and others such as the Home Depot, Wal-Mart, New York Life, Microsoft, Marriott, DeLoitte, Northwestern Mutual, Boeing and many more.
4. Wednesday’s Opening reception, Thursday’s Scholars Dinner, Friday’s Sonoran Desert Sunset Party, and Saturday’s Farewell Soiree featuring CeCe Teneal and Soul Kamotion. These folks know how to party!