Gospel star and Pastor John P. Kee defends gay gospel artist Tonex in Facebook rant

john-p-kee-yes-we-can

We’re not quite sure who, but someone is currently feeling the wrath of Pastor John P. Kee.

This past Friday (Dec. 5th), Kee took to Facebook to respond to an unnamed preacher whom he says wrote a “very ugly commentary” about him after he invited openly gay gospel artist Tonex to sing with him at Praise Break 14 in Los Angeles at the West Angeles Church of God In Christ, COGIC, this past October.

Having declared a staunch stance against homosexuality, the COGIC recently found itself in the spotlight when Andrew Caldwell’s proclamation of being “delivert”and “not gay no more” at the COGIC’s annual convention in St. Louis went viral.

Kee’s post which calls into question the “climate of church discouragement” has gone viral with just under 20,000 likes and over 5,200 shares:

“Just read a very ugly commentary a Preacher wrote about me concerning Anthony Clark Williams AKA “Tonex” singing on stage With me at West Angeles COGIC last month.
First I’d like to say, I really didn’t get the inference but I’m real with mine! Normally if it’s about me personally, I laugh and keep it moving but in this climate of Church Discouragement I felt the need to respond! Anthony AKA “Tonex” Williams has been and always will be a son of mine. I’ve Known him for over 25 years and was honored To have him in fellowship with me in LA. Beloved, Im not from your religious cupcake rooms where you prophecy on stage and do as you please when the cameras are not on! I’m concerned as to what the role of the new age Church really is. Is it deliverance we really seek Or are we still trying to create a body of religious Sadducees and Pharisees that kiss up to our denominational __________? I’ve always taught that Christians struggled with two scriptures, 2 Corinthians 6:17 and Matthew 28:19. I don’t struggle with it at all. I’m sure of my calling!!! Romans 8:28
So I simply suggest that all you Old Secret, Closet Shebears stay quiet and back way off me because I’m not from the new era where you act as if you don’t
get it! I’ve been a true soldier in the Gospel industry
For over 35 years. Google me! I was on the Conference circuit for years and I witnessed things that almost made me leave the church! But I realized very early my deliverance from the street was wrapped up in Jesus not the Saints! I’m appalled and disgusted at the hypocritical State of the church… The best thing for me to do Is stop now while I’m ahead. Lastly, I prayed a simple Prayer before I surrendered to ministry. It was very simple; Lord send me everyone the church kicks out Or rejects and I’ll teach them your way. I’ve committed myself to this for over 30 years and I’m very happy to say God has used me to witness to millions of hurting people throughout the world. So when you write your post, blogs, lies and or entries, Be advised, please keep me and my family far away from your filth. You know who and what you are and trust me dis ain’t whatchu want…

Humbly Submitted

Pastor John
PS: Tell your wife to stop calling me on the church fax line…

1. JootJoint on December 7, 2014 at 8:35 pm

Thank you Pastor John P. Kee!

Work toward bring the Black Churches of out their homophobia darkness!

• blake on March 15, 2015 at 1:41 pm

You are so stupid. That is all.

• celeb rity on July 8, 2015 at 12:44 pm

Thank you JootJoint, we should make homosexuals practice in the light on the pulpits…(pun intended) God have mercy!!

• Brittney Butler on May 16, 2016 at 2:15 am

I just pray and hope to God Almighty that, John P. Kee’s post was not intended to defend the homosexual lifestyle and/or any sin in general. I love me some John P. Keep but, he needs to call sin what it is …sin!!! Then, instruct wisely with love the (true and full) Gospel of Jesus Christ. #Jesusisreal and so is #Heaven&Hell!!!!!

P.S. Please don’t take what Jesus did on the Cross for granted, His Amazzzzing Grace which He gave/gives to anyone that believeth, trust, and obey Him (His Commandments); is not to be compromised in any way shape and/or form as a means of people’s conveniences…period.!

Sincerely The Most High’s child,

Brittney

• Jason Brye on June 6, 2016 at 1:36 am

His point was to show the gullible ones who think that all men who ‘call out gays’ are not all the way straight themselves, hence why he said ‘closet shebears.’ He is pretty much saying the ones who openly hate gays are usually the ones that are gay in the closet and put on a show which is true in MANY instances. That is a BIG problem in the black community and church. Please don’t knock John P. Kee cause he is telling the truth of hypocrites that do this in the church. He is not condoning ‘gay’ in any reference. He is referring to men that ‘act straight for ya’ll’ then turn around and will sleep with a man behind closed doors. Wouldn’t you rather someone be honest with you about it? But God is the judge though. That is why the church is losing people. Didn’t God say gather and not scatter? Please visit: http://www.DiscipleforCHRIST.org! When did Jesus begat mini-Jesuses who could judge???? And I am not condoning the gay lifestyle just exposing hypocrites.

• M Hair on July 29, 2017 at 6:37 pm

Both of you (B. Butler & J. Brye), make a good point. I too have been a fan of John P. Kee since “Jesus Is Real” came out. JPK did not say he was for or against gays, but from the tone of the post I, (like Jason) understood his target was to whoever made the commemt about inviting Tonex’ to the stage.

What I’m getting is that, “People in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones!”. People should be careful, the Word of God is a two-edged sword, it cuts both ways. How many preachers have been exposed for doing the same thing they condemn others for! Scripture says, “Be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation” Jam. 3:1 Wrong doers will be punished but, God’s judgment will be more harsh for leaders than lay-people.

The message to the sinner and the saint is (God) is longsuffering to us-ward not willing that any should perish, but that ALL SHOULD COME TO REPENTANCE. Remember, “But the day of the Lord (the Rapture) will come as a thief in the night…” 2 Pet. 3:8-10 We must live the life we sing about in order to meet Him.

2. S Alexandryte on December 9, 2014 at 9:02 pm

I think that even though John P. Kee called Tonex up to the stage, he
    was acting funny about it. He looked as though he was embarrassed to do
    so. I read that and agree to it here: http://www.atoast2wealth.com/2

3. tinbon434 on July 18, 2015 at 9:25 pm

There is room at the cross for everyone. Jesus is the only one that can change our behaviors.

1 Corinthians 6:9-11
    9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

4. Money matters on July 3, 2016 at 7:35 am

Whole new respect. Just awesome. We tend to think that if we are holier than thou that gets us cool points. But Jesus seemed more concerned with people. Not the ones the new age church says we should be worried about but real people. The down trodden, the lowly, the heart broken. Who is the hospital for? The sick. Who is the church for? The broken sinful people of this world. Jesus came to fix all of us. Even those who don’t think they are broken.