The day that celebrates dads is here. If you want to express your admiration for a favorite father, a fitting quote might be just the trick.
In honor of Father’s Day, rolling out has selected ten inspirational quotes to mark the occasion, from Brainy Quote, Quotery and Good Reads. Enjoy!
1. “My dad was my best friend and greatest role model. He was an amazing dad, coach, mentor, soldier, husband and friend,” – Tiger Woods
2. “When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years,” – Mark Twain
3. “I’ve said it before, but it’s absolutely true: My mother gave me my drive, but my father gave me my dreams. Thanks to him, I could see a future,” – Liza Minnelli
4. “There is no teacher equal to mother and there’s nothing more contagious than the dignity of a father,” – Amit Ray, from “World Peace: The Voice of a Mountain Bird”
5. “My father used to say that it’s never too late to do anything you wanted to do. And he said, ‘You never know what you can accomplish until you try,'” – Michael Jordan
6. “I think my mom put it best. She said, ‘Little girls soften their daddy’s hearts,'” – Paul Walker
7. “After I lost my mother, there were times I felt like, I would put my life at risk. I felt like sometimes I didn’t have something to live for — Now I have two really special people to live for, a whole family to live for. A whole world to live for.” – Kanye West
8. “When he smiles, it’s as if he’s blessing us. We’re the parents and should be the ones in control, but he’s the little prince, and we feel like we’re waiting on him,” – Taye Diggs on his son, Walker
9. “My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me.” – Jim Valvano
10. “I mean, I look at my dad. He was twenty when he started having a family, and he was always the coolest dad. He did everything for his kids, and he never made us feel like he was pressured. I know that it must be a great feeling to be a guy like that.” – Adam Sandler