- Start by putting on an eyelid base or an eye primer such as the Urban Decay Primer Potion. Use your fingers to ensure a smoother application.
- Take the second lightest color from your chosen eye shadow quad and put it all over the eyelid from lash line up to the brow bone. You can also try using L’Oreal Infallible 24H Eye Shadow in Iced latte.
- Next, take the lightest color and put it right under your eyebrows to bring light to your eyes.
- Then, take the darkest color and put it along the lash line, blending it upwards and towards the outer corner of the eyes. L’Oreal Infallible 24H Eye Shadow in Eternal Black is a great alternative.
- Lastly, use the second darkest color to blend the lash line and out corner better. Also, line the lower lash line with this color to increase intensity.
- Apply a black eye liner along your upper and lower lash lines. Sephora Collection Waterproof Eyeliner in 01 Black is the blackest black, very affordable and better than many high-end liners.
- Complete your classic smoky eye with at least ywo coats of lengthening and thickening mascara on top and bottom lashes. Try CoverGirl’s Lash Blast Volume Blasting Mascara.
And finally, don’t forget to remove excess color from the under eye area.
For ladies who want a more modern, updated version of the classic smoky eye, try the color blue. Jason Wu’s collaboration with Lancôme has reintroduced the sultry indigo eye shadow and it’s a big hit. But if the Jason Wu Lancôme collection is too pricey, you can try the L’Oreal Colour Riche Eyeshadow Palette in Bleu Marinière to produce a similar effect.
And remember, smoky eyes are all about blending till you get the right amount of smoky intensity around your eyes, so practice is key.