The undercover operation commenced on June 8, 2013 and ended on Father’s Day.
- David C. Ullman, 54, is a prominent businessman and community leader in Lake Wales. Detectives said he contacted an undercover detective who was posing as a 14-year-old girl, telling her first he wanted to teach her about sensual massage. Ullman is accused of soliciting the undercover detective for oral sex.
- James Walker, 46, works as a costumer’s assistant at Disney World, detectives said. According to reports, Walker traveled to the undercover location with the intent of having sex with a 15-year-old boy. Deputies said Walker told them that he had tried to go to the house on the first night of the operation, but after seeing several deputies and cruisers in the area for a separate investigation, he became scared and left. However, deputies said Walker told them he was “intrigued” by the conversation with the undercover detective, and so he returned the second night, only to be arrested.
- Jose Aguilar, 24, is a married father of two children under the age of 5, detectives said. He allegedly told the undercover detective that he watches child pornography for sexual gratification and that he had “always fantasized” about being with a 14-year-old girl. Aguilar graduated from the Law Enforcement Academy at Miami Dade College, but he did not complete the basic recruit training program at the Bowling Green Police Department. Detectives said they found a gun under the passenger seat of Aguilar’s vehicle.
- Shane A. Christopher, 29, told detectives he was a student at Valenica College. He is accused of arranging to pay $125 to have sex with a 14-year-old girl. When he was arrested, detectives said they found $131, a condom and a switchblade knife on his person. Detectives said he told them that what he did was “stupid.”
- Floyd Weid, 65, is the oldest of the suspects. Detectives said he asked the undercover detective to touch themselves while they chatted. When he was arrested, detectives said they found sex toys, lubricant and pillows inside his vehicle.
- Tommy Helms, 35, and his girlfriend, Erin Vickers, 18, were arrested after arriving at the house together. Detectives said Helms had arranged for Vickers to “teach” a 14-year-old girl how to have sex, with the goal of eventually including himself in the sexual activity.