Reality TV » Tina Campbell takes ‘full responsibility’ for husband cheating

Tina Campbell takes ‘full responsibility’ for husband cheating

tinaandteddycampbell

With the third season of “Mary Mary” in full swing, the infidelity that Tina Campbell confronts has become one of the show’s most interesting story lines.

During an interview with EBONY magazine a few months back, we learned that the gospel singer attempted to stab her husband, Teddy Campbell, for stepping outside of their marriage. Now, on the current season of “Mary Mary,” Campbell confronts those demons for all of the world to see.

What may be intriguing to viewers, is that Campbell who recently sat down with CNikky, appears to take ” full responsibility” for her husband’s infidelity.

Check out a brief snippet from her interview below:

“I, Tina, assume full responsibility for the issues that I contributed to the relationship. I was controlling, talked too much. And you can never be heard over me because when I wanna talk I got the floor and ain’t nobody gonna get it from me until I give it up. Real talk. That was the way it was and I have to work on myself. You know what I mean? I was selfish. When we started having children it’s like, I forget that I have a responsibility as a wife. And I’m questioning you like, Really, what you want me to do? I got a baby!”

While many could argue that if Teddy was that unhappy, he could just leave the union, Campbell continues to defend her husband.

“Even though that’s sometimes what you’re faced with, that ain’t the right spirit to do it in. And what happens is, you’re going on and you’re busy and you’ve got children and you’ve got work. And what happens is your husband is last and you don’t realize that he’s last. And if he has a problem with being last you’re like,’Well, what am I supposed to do? You know that I’ve got a career? You know that I’ve got these babies, you’re the one that got me pregnant!’ You want your husband to be the man and to take his place, but because ‘I’m a strong woman, I’m a this woman and I’m a that woman’ we busy stepping on our man. Making him feel small. And you know what? I did that. And I take responsibility for that.”

Do you agree with Tina? Should both parties should be accountable when infidelity takes place in a relationship? Let us know your thoughts? – ruthie hawkins/@ruubabie

1. Kym on March 12, 2014 at 3:38 pm

It doesn’t sound like she took responsibility for him cheating. Rather, she took responsibility for her part in the RELATIONSHIP. She did not condone his cheating.

• Team Tina! on May 18, 2014 at 5:16 pm

Well said. That’s it in a nutshell. I love Tina to pieces & I hope Teddy will do right by her from her forgiveness & forward. Yes she’s a trip to be around just like on TV but she really does have the biggest heart. She didn’t deserve this. I hope & pray for her family & their happiness.

2. kelly on March 13, 2014 at 12:59 am

yeh yeh ..thats an odd way of blaming your self for his insecurities with her career , if he had not sat on his azz while she was workin hard he would have felt apart of the marrigage .. she didnt talk to much .she was fustrated with him … some women just weak to men at a point where they start to blame themselves for his inabilities to be a faithful husband ,he could have left her if he was so unhappy with her …. thats what men usually do instead of waiting around for her to see her wrongs ..which there were no wrongs she was being a mother . …. no body like to bust their but ,,working being away from their babies and then a nigro sittin at home watchin tv .or out wit buddies and you working so he can eat and impress his freinds … she need to stick to her moral on this one HE WAS THE ONE NEEDED TO GET A LIFE AND GET A BACK BONE AND HELP THIS WOMAN SHE OUT … NOW SHE MADE A BIG MISTAKE SAYING SHE WAS WRONG CAUSE HE WAS WRONG TO… … if all she did was bitch and complain … LADIES WE DONT COMPLAIN FOR NOTHING …..JUST WATCH DIVORCE COURT SHOW!!

3. Sherri Etienne on March 14, 2014 at 5:19 am

BS!!! If its that bad, don’t cheat, leave her!!! Women need to stop blaming themselves for their mans indiscretions. He cheated because his azz wanted to cheat!!! He didn’t leave her cause that money was good!! I hate the current state of the black race. Men don’t do right, women blame themselves (Gabrielle Union). But let a woman cheat… To him that’s just reason to cheat some more! SMDH, sad…

4. Steelo on March 14, 2014 at 10:13 am

I admire sista-girl for being real. Takes two to love and it takes 2 to hate. I see the comments from the sista’s below–bitter-b*tches. As a husband, father and man, He has to deal with the embarrassment, consequences, shame and guilt of his actions and insecurities. Sounds like this is a couple, trying to be adults and realistic about their situation, and trying to mend a broken part of their relationship…it’s what ADULTS that love each other do! “…for better or for worse”.

More sistas need to fess up and be accountable for their part when sh*t goes wrong. Get that ego out of the way. When you put that E-G-O in there you “Ease God Out”. Sistas, learn from this lady!!!

• soisaid on March 14, 2014 at 12:58 pm

take a back seat with that b.s you spittin.

5. Ronnetta Richard on March 14, 2014 at 10:21 pm

He knew when he met her what type of career she had, that sometimes she would be out of town for weeks & months touring, that she would be exhausted & adding children to that mix magnified that. He cheated because he wanted to plan & simple!!!! There is no excuse for cheating if he couldn’t handle it he should have divorced her.