Did Beyoncé shut down ‘106 & Park’ after Karrueche Tran joked about Blue Ivy’s natural hair?

MTV VMAs 2014 celebrity instagram - Jay Z Beyonce Blue Ivy

The day after Beyoncé owned the VMAs with a nearly 30-minute performance, BET’s “106 & Park” featured a segment that discussed a few of the top Blue Ivy moments at the show.

Guest host Karreuche Tran made a joke regarding Blue Ivy’s uncombed natural hair. Beyoncé fans took to Twitter and blasted Tran for telling the inappropriate joke.

In her defense, Tran said she was reading the teleprompter and the producers changed the script 10 minutes beforehand. It was her first time on live TV and she didn’t know how to improvise.

BET’s president of Music Programming, Stephen Hill, took the heat for Tran and said she didn’t write the joke. Hill also apologized to Beyoncé and Jay Z and said the producers who wrote the joke would be reprimanded for their actions.

In another twist, the show will be off for the remainder of the week. Beyoncé’s die-hard fans, Beyhive and Beygency, took the opportunity to claim that Beyoncé’s overwhelming power caused the show to go on hiatus.

Although there is no proof to their claims, here are the hilarious Twitter comments below:

1. Texas Proud on August 27, 2014 at 10:40 am

She should have shut it down!!! And said ” I can show you better than I can tell you”. That’s how it works in the great state of TEXAS..

• Marion on August 27, 2014 at 11:15 am

You sound really ignorant. Point blank, she needs to comb that child’s hair, end of story!

• Inez on August 27, 2014 at 11:43 am

I concur with @Marion
        1. Why won’t anyone comb that lil girls hair? Is she tender-headed & fussy? I bet when she gets older, sees how she looked – won’t be to thrilled!
        2.Why is every1 idolizing this woman/any1 for this matter? (We are ALL made in GOD’s image) she isn’t GOD/JESUS/Holy Ghost so why try to Act Like/Dress Like/Follow her every move? You ‘poor followers’ need to recognize who YOU are & focus on making JESUS proud of you! Good Grief! I mean really #My2Cents #FindYourself #HeavenBound
        Peace & Blessings
        Inez

• Missgee62 on August 27, 2014 at 6:39 pm

THANK YOU!!! STOP PARADE THAT PRETTY LITTLE AROUND LOOKING LIKE A DAYUM RAG DOLL! She is too pretty for that mess and if Keisha or Ladonna walked aroiund with their child hair looking like who shot john yall be ready to roll your eyes at her or call child protective services!

• Mayu on August 27, 2014 at 8:51 pm

She has natural fucking hair. I swear the self hate in the black community is so thick and so strong that it has you ignorant ass people coming on here and talking about her hair because of how it grows out of her damn head. Blue is not biracial, and her hair does not grow out wavy, or straight. Her hair will probably be longer than most of you ignorant alopecia infested black women by the time she’s 3. Black people need to stop talking about other black people because you look tacky as hell. If you stop hating yourselves for a minute you will see blue is cute exactly the way she is. I feel sorry for all the women who talk like this because their kids hair will be FUCKED by the time they’re teenagers to no return with no edges and burnt the fuck up from the relaxers, let the records show. Makes me sick.

• Tandra F. Ifuknew on August 28, 2014 at 9:54 am

So so true I love what u wrote Mayu they need to leave the childs hair alone I have six year old twins and I hardly do my daughters hair because she cry when its comb but when she get older she will maintain her on hair and black ppl judge and put each other down to much, I love bey and her bby looks very happy so y is ppl so worried about her damn hair so long as the child is taken care of.

• Mimi on August 28, 2014 at 2:16 pm

Yes, the child has very beautiful natural hair, HOWEVER, natural does not = unkempt or messy. We get she’s a child, however just because her or any other child for that matter is an adolescence doesn’t mean you have to let your child leave the house looking like you just don’t care (and please don’t give the excuse that you don’t comb your child’s hair because they cry, do the darn child’s hair and get over it!) and that is EXACTLY how it is coming across. I don’t care if the child was white, black, albino, when you leave the house make sure you look presentable, mamma or child end of story! How you present yourself when you leave home speaks volumes about you and you don’t even have to open you mouth. In this case, of course it speaks volumes about the parents, because obviously the baby can’t do her own hair.

• Suzy Six on February 2, 2015 at 7:07 pm

People need to chastise these girls out here wearing all that weave in their hair. They need to stop talking shit about a little baby’s hair and address the issue of why they think their own hair is too ugly to be shown. The self hatred is so deep. It’s sad.

• lYRIC on August 28, 2014 at 2:34 pm

NATURAL DOES NOT = UNKEMPT OR MESSY!

• Katimir C on August 30, 2014 at 10:14 pm

Thank you Mayu. I didn’t think twice about her hair. It’s natural and that IS the style little Blue was rockin that night. You’re right, it’s black people complaining and it’s self-hate. There are adults who style their hair the same way. It’s called self-expression. Buy a vowel and stop hating…..self. Bey and J keep trying to train black people. In time, they will get it!!

• Inez on September 22, 2014 at 12:16 pm

Train? Did you say TRAIN!?! I’ll take No class from People who aren’t of GOD! #StankYouVeryMuch

• Kimmy on June 24, 2015 at 4:54 pm

I’m no Beyoncé fan but your a coon! It’s not good to comb natural hair dry ya know! You shouldn’t be doing anything to natural baby hair but put coconut oil in their hair, detangle, and cleanse her hair once a week. Blue ivy doesn’t always look like this so quit acting like it

• katie on December 23, 2014 at 1:41 pm

it shouldn’t matter how her baby har look its not yall kid is it no so go on with yall life that baby hair dont got anything to do with wat u got going on

• Kimmy on June 24, 2015 at 4:52 pm

Your a coon!

2. Sorry4What? on August 27, 2014 at 11:13 am

Seriously, to even suggest that she shut the show down because she got upset for the fact that she doesn’t comb her child’s hair is ridiculous! AND if the show did shut down because of her, shame on BET for allowing such neurotic, disgusting and shameless behavior on behalf of Boring Bey!

• MISSYCAT(UBESTIABELIEVEIT on August 27, 2014 at 12:13 pm

I agree with you oh my god I feel the way you do that is that is disgusting and that’s deranged thinking other fans like to watch the show just like little fans love her boring music they should not have shut the show down because she don’t like what they said about her daughter you going to have haters and you going to have people that like you and I guess 106 and park don’t like the way she don’t comb her daughters hair she Don’t own BET STATION the last time I checked it was Deborah Lee the president of BET that’s not cool what they let her do they should call her out on stealing people video ideas she a swagger jacker Beyonce just a straight up theif and I don’t like her and whoever don’t like what I’m saying so what. people act like they scared of Beyonce like she can’t do no wrong she’s a liar a thief and she steals point blank period people need to go online and look her up and see people stuff she stole JLo, Ciara ,Ashanti, just a few people to name she’s also stolen a lot looks and ideas from Rihanna don’t forget her don’t leave her out just go onYouTube and look up copycat that’s what is under Beyonce copy everybody y’all need to know this before you all beyhive fans try to put other people down because they don’t like what people say about her daughter is hair start seeing things for what they really are

• Zahir Byam on August 27, 2014 at 5:04 pm

Lol someone got so mad they needed to write a sermon. Stay upset, it is what it is.

• Suzy Six on February 2, 2015 at 7:13 pm

That is the longest sentence EVER.

• Kimmy on June 24, 2015 at 4:57 pm

Blue ivy is her child not yours so you shouldn’t give a damn about what happens to her. Siracha sauce tranny shouldn’t have spoken ABOUT a CHILD like that. That’s disrespectful and rude you dumb coon!

• Shirley Mae Davis on August 27, 2014 at 12:56 pm

Blue is a child and nothing wrong with her being natural. People should let her make decisions about her own child and pick their battles with appropriate adults! I’m sure everyone has enough in our own personal lives that needs our attention. Obviously, she’s not boring?

• Lyric on August 27, 2014 at 1:32 pm

Sweetie, being natural doesn’t mean unruly and unkempt! As a toddler my mother NEVER let my sister or I leave the house unless we were clean and hair combed, DAMN! Stop with the “she’s just a child” and “natural” crap. It is what it is. I have natural hair (no chems), but you don’t see me leaving the house with my hair all over my damn head!

• MISSYCAT(UBESTIABELIEVEIT on August 27, 2014 at 2:28 pm

.boom BAM lyric you go girl my girl that’s right just because she Beyonce’s daughter don’t mean a person can’t speak their mind about how BLU hair looks atrocious messed up is not baby blues fault we all know that is Beyonce’s trifling butt fault that’s what it is it’s her fault Thank You Lyrics love you for that speak your mind always for real okay Thank You girlfriend THATS WHAT I’M TAKING BOUT!!! because if you’re right you’re right and I’m going to agree with you on that one day blue is going to go and get a brush and a comb and just hand it to Beyonce and say here please comb my hair mommie.is not blu fault is beyonce fault beyonce go around with her hair looking nice even though it’s about a hundred pounds of weave on her head she made sure it be looking presentable to the public I wouldn’t say looking nice .because I think that everything’s fake about Beyonce it’s all good( lyrics)me and my best hommie Butterbean and Missycat we always speak our minds you do too((peace)) love and hair grease LOL

• Inez on September 22, 2014 at 12:17 pm

Yes @Lyric & still Nobody has responded to My Comment… Hmmm guess I went over heads!?!

• Sorry4What? on August 28, 2014 at 2:41 pm

No, there is nothing wrong with being natural, I’ve been so since 1997, and yet not once have I left the house with my hair looking like a bird’s nest simply because I’m natural and nor did my mother allow my sister and I as toddlers leave the house looking like who done it and why even though our hair was natural. Stop using that as an excuse. Having natural hair takes a bit more work. I can’t just get up and go, I have to moisturize more and differently from having a perm, I don’t comb my hair the same because of the texture, etc. AND YES, she is BORING, very much so. Just because she chooses not to comb her child’s hair does not make her anymore interesting then her tired a$$ songs or outfits, it just makes her look like a mother who doesn’t care about her child’s appearance. Then again, knowing her she is probably doing it on purpose just to keep her name out there, however once again at the child’s expense. The only reason the child is here (of course GOD is the ultimate decider of who is on this Earth – but their intentions were obviously ill) is because she and Jay thought it would be a great “BUSINESS” deal to mock God and marriage for the sake of dollars. GROSS ON ALL LEVELS NO MATTER WHICH WAY YOU SLICE IT!

3. Velvet Jones on August 27, 2014 at 11:46 am

D*mn, why is BET so obviously simple with their bullsh*t? Been downhill since the sale to Viacom…fire all those MF’s!!!

4. Inez on August 27, 2014 at 11:48 am

Mkay…Ok…OKAY I can’t hold my tongue anymore!

You ‘poor followers’ need to recognize who YOU are & focus on making JESUS proud of you! Good Grief! I mean really!?!
    #My2Cents #FindYourself #HeavenBound

Peace & Blessings

Inez

• Meka on December 18, 2014 at 5:38 pm

WELL FOR YOU ALL THAT HAVE SO MUCH TO SAY ABOUT BLUE HAIR…WHO EVER SAID SHE CANT ROCK AH FRO DUHH…..WHY DOES IT MATTER HOW SHE GETS HER HAIR…BEY NOR JAY WORRIED BOUT HOW YOLL ROCKIN YOLL STYLE…SO WITH THAT BEING SAID STEP YOLL GAME UP N BAG OFF BLUE BUMBER…MAYBE IF YOLL MONEY WAS LONG ENOUGH YOLL WOULDNT BE ON HERE WATCHING THEY EVERY MOVE…I ROCKS WITH BLUE N YO FRO MY TWIN HAIR IS THE SAME WAY N SHES 7….

5. vlady54 on August 27, 2014 at 4:53 pm

To improvise is internal gift that requires quick second thinking, especially when a teleprompter script goes wild or wrong. After watching past film and music award shows, even the high profile artists and stars are sometimes caught in an embarrassing moment. Some celebrities have the gift to naturally bail themselves out, while others sink with the script. In Tran’s case, it was not her fault and if the average person thinks they are quick second thinker on their feet, god blessed them for that talent.

6. Zahir Byam on August 27, 2014 at 5:07 pm

BET: Beyonce Entertainment Television

• djs on August 27, 2014 at 7:25 pm

lol

• MISSYCAT(UBESTIA BELIEVEIT on August 27, 2014 at 7:55 pm

oh I’m not upset honey truth is truth ok , in along with your big annoucement you forgot to say she needs a new wardrobe Beyonce Entertainment Television and get rid of that big MOP on on top of that head swinging it from front and back and side to side with her same dance moves in same leotards played out BYE beehive needs to behave

• Zahir Byam on November 24, 2014 at 6:50 pm

beehive needs to behave lmaoo are you 40?

7. sue on August 27, 2014 at 5:08 pm

Even though I feel that this was tasteless for BET, because this is a child. I doubt that Beyonce has that power to shut BET down for a week. A lot of people had a problem with this and most likely they are taking a break to do damage control. I think that the media really do need to leave all of these kids of celebrities alone, they are just children who can not defend themselves.

8. Missgee62 on August 27, 2014 at 6:48 pm

I know one thing…there is going to be soooooo many people gonna dress like Blue Ivy with uncombed wigs and hair all over the heads!

9. Kandie J Mack on August 27, 2014 at 7:47 pm

H~Town Chic Shutting it down, like it shouldddd! HaHa

Don’t mess with a MOTHER’S Child DUMMIES!!!

10. Kandie J Mack on August 27, 2014 at 7:50 pm

No But on a more serious note, everyone should mind their own business, Bey is human just like the rest of us.
    But lay off of they way she chooses to style or not comb her child’s hair! Keep Nasty comments to yourselves.

11. yolo on August 27, 2014 at 10:16 pm

There is no law that say you have to comb your child’s hair just because they don’t comb her doesn’t mean she’s unkept what is wrong with people everybody is not the same if they choose not to comb her hair that’s OK saying she needs to comb her hair is like saying every boy Or man needs to cut their hair stop it

12. Katimir C on August 28, 2014 at 1:30 am

I don’t really believe they shut them down. Jeez, even the president isn’t going to go around shutting places down because of what is said about him, which can be way more personally offensive. What are they (106 and Park) hiding or putting themselves on punishment? Neither Bey nor J can close another business down for joking about them, unless it was Cuba.

13. Lauren Taylor on August 28, 2014 at 1:36 am

how many of the people commenting on the post have small children and i mean under 3 i have a 1 year old i honestly its very hard to get him to stay still and not fight me when i try to comb it and yes sometimes his hair goes uncombed but thats not a commentary on my parenting skills and it shouldnt be a commentary on beyonces either as a stay at home mom i know its exasperating trying to comb his hair wet dry or anything else so how do you think beyonce feels som of yall really think shs superwoman to comment on her daughtrs hair a two yar old hair HOW DARE YOU?? shes a child and if you all had children with natural black hair you would understand

• PointBlank on August 28, 2014 at 3:28 pm

Sorry, b/c the child is fussy is no excuse. I have a two year old nephew who HATES for his hair to even be touched and is quite fussy. Guess what, crying o not, I hold him down and he gets his hair brushed! It let’s him know that the crying about me doing your hair ain’t flying. Are you unable to handle a toddler? Yes she’s two, even more reason since she can’t do her own hair so somebody should. You tell on yourself the way you act, dress, talk, and carry yourself. No, the toddler is not old enough, so that’s where parents come in. Stop with the excuses and laziness and just do your child’s hair!

14. butterbeanbabe on August 28, 2014 at 3:29 am

BREAKING NEWS MATHEW KNOWLES JUST ANNOUNCED THAT JAYZ AND BEYONCE AND SOLANGE FAKE THE ELEVATOR FIGHT . . I TOLD YALL THAT … I BEEN SAYING IT ALL THE TIME …… THERE WAS NO EMPLOYEE THAT SOLD NO TAPE … you never say her on tv right>//? her or his pictures would have been all over the net ….and also tmz denied getting money for a tape they said it was send annoumously lol wow people continue to ride with these crooks and dope dealers

15. butterbeanbabe on August 28, 2014 at 3:33 am

BREAKING NEW NEWS MATHEW KNOWLES RATTED ON BEY AND JAYZ AND TOLD EVERYONE ON A RADIO SHOW THEY FAKE THE ELEVATOR FIGHT TO GET TICKETS SOLD … tmz confirm they did not buy the tape it was sent annoymously …. to them SO THESE TWO ARE THE BIGGEST LIERS ALIVE JAYZ AND BEYONCE HAS LOST IT .. ALL OVER MONEY THE GOT REAL TROUBLE NOW .. and notice the police arrest no one for property thieft and that is why we didnt see the alleged thief on tv… if you steal a item over 100 dollar value thats a class c misdeameanor an you have to be picked up by police then we would have know of this no named tape stealer that never existed

16. butterbeanbabe on August 28, 2014 at 3:43 am

THE REASON JAYZ FACE LOOK FROWNED IS CAUSE HE SMELLED BEY SH.IT ONE DAY AND AND HIS FACE BEEN FROWNED EVERY SINCE LMAO

• MISSYCAT(UBESTIABELIEVEIT on August 28, 2014 at 12:48 pm

.funny funny funny funny is that cracked me up I am so happy I and I are on the same page all the fools dumb sticking up to crae crae THOTBOT LEOTARD WEARING PLAYED OUT COW GOT CAUGHT THATS WHY NAS SAID BEFORE JAY-Z GOT WITH BEYONCE BACK IN THE DAY HE WENT OUT ON A DATE WITH STINKY BREATH CRAE CRAE BEY HE SAID IT WAS THE 1#AND LAST TIME HE WENT OUT WITH HER BECAUSE HER BREATH SMELLS LIKE A GARBAGE DUMPSTER IF U GET A CHANGE GO ON YOUTUBE AND LOOK FOR A SITE COPYCAT AND IT THE GUY GOT ALL THE PROOF SHE JUST STRAIGHT UP TOOK JLO ASHANTI AND CIARA STYLES AND VIDEO IDEAS AND EVERYTHING HE DID SIDE BY SIDE COMPARISON OF THE VIDEOS AND CLOTHES MAKE-AND EVERYTHING SHE IS( COLD BUSTED ) THEN THE END OF THE VIDEO HE SAID THATS WHY I CAN’T STAND BEYONCE. BECAUSE SHE DON’T. OWN UP TO ALL THE STUFF SHE STOLE BEYONCE WORLD IS CAVEING IN ON HER AND AIN’T NOTHING SHE CAN. DO BUT SIT AND WATCH( LOL) I ALWAYS GOT YOUR HOMMIE IF. I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT BEASTYONCE I’LL KEEP YOU POSTED

17. butterbeanbabe on August 28, 2014 at 3:45 am

BREAKING NEWS .. MATHEW KNOWLES CONFESSED ON THE RADIO THAT THE ELEVATOR FIGHT WAS STAGED .. HE SAID SOLANGE SPILLED IT TO HIM AND HE KNEW IT WHEN HE SAW IT ..THE REASON HE DIDNT TRY AND DEAL WITH THEM …. SO THERE YOU F..UCKIN FANATICS HAVE IT .. TO CON ARTIST GOT YALL ALL IN LOVE ; l,aaaapf

• MISSYCAT(UBESTIABELIEVEIT on August 28, 2014 at 1:27 pm

so now all you stupid Beyonce dummie fan of crazy Bey fans she had all the you dummies in the plams of sweaty her hands are probably still want to be stupid fans y’all also stupid missycat and butterbeans is the only to and few more people I know beyonce is fraudulent and delusional dizzy dip stick TRASH BAPHATMET BIMBO IS CRAZY THOT BOT THATS WHAT SHE GET LOLLLL BET BUT 106 PARK BACK ON THE AIR BEYONCE AINT REAL YA’LL

18. butterbeanbabe on August 28, 2014 at 4:01 am

first off beyonce thinks she is to good to perform or show up at some events SHE TURNED DOWN PERFORMING FOR THE TROOPS IN AFGHANISTAN …DUHH AND SHE TURNED DOWN NELSON MADELAS FUNERAL … SHE IS A STUPID AIR HEAD CONTROLLED ROBOT .. whom will be sinking … mathew knowles announced yesterday the elevator fight was stages WONW GET THAT …. SO THEY BOTH ARE LIERS AND CONNING .. WHY YOU THINK THEY CALLED EACH OTHER BONNIE AND CLYDE ..

• MISSYCAT (UBESTIABELIEVEIT on August 28, 2014 at 11:23 am

yes I saw that radio interview online JEDI MIND TRICK she HOMMIE I never do you like that chick she a fraudulent phony fake. Just like that 900 pounds on weave of her on top of that head i’m so glad That BIG feet country cow got caught right in her big foot tracks I never ever liked crazy Bey had people right in the plam of her hands nowwww it’s going down hill for that cow That why her mother Tina didnt show up at That the VMAs to see her except the MJ vanguard award because she told tmz that crae crae Bey has became real distant from everyone see her parents.Is even turning on her on I’m a not in a bad way. But just to teach her a lesson honey we help get your butt here and we can bring you down back to earth she think she bigger then jesus himself my mom always says whats in the dark Will come to light so I knew this was going to happen now the tables has turned I love it I was cracking up when you said STUPID HEAD CONTROLLED ROBOT BETTER YET HOBOT THOT BOT LOVE YOU MY BEST HOMMIE

• MISSYCAT (UBESTIABELIEVEIT on August 28, 2014 at 11:29 am

BY THE WAY THAT THOT DIDNT NEVER DESERVE THE MICHAEL JACKSON VANGUARD AWARD THEIVES DON’T DESERVE TO GET AWARDED SUCH PRESTIGIOUS AWARDS LIKE THAT.LOVE YA BUTTERBEAN

19. stfu on August 28, 2014 at 9:51 pm

First and foremost…WHO GIVES A FCK?! Why is everyone so concerned about whether Bey combs her child’s hair or not? (which she does) Is she yours? Most importantly does she pay your BILLS?Just make sure that YOUR kids hair is well kept while you worrying about a child who will never have to worry ab job applications or college loans..”messy hair” or not! Pathetic.

20. DSW2 on August 31, 2014 at 9:04 pm

My two cents…
    From what saw and heard from the video, the guest host read a hypothetical response of what Blue Ivy ‘thought’ about the VMAs. In no way did the host say, “This is my opinion about Blue Ivy’s hair.” It was joke, written in poor taste, but the sentiment was true. Her parents rarely comb her hair.
    When you’re in the public eye, there will ALWAYS be people who love you and people who don’t. It comes with the territory.
    With that said, is it only unacceptable to comment on the appearance of celebrity children when the feedback is negative or unflattering? Because I have NEVER heard or read about all the backlash, outrage and hate when the remarks are favorable like: “Oh, she’s so cute.” Or “Isn’t he adorable?”
    Either ALL comments are welcomed or NO comments are. Celebrities and their children can’t have it both ways even if the parents are Beyoncé an Jay Z. Having ‘natural’ hair DOES NOT mean not combed hair. There are plenty of hair care products her parents could use to style her hair with that won’t cause hair damage. Beyonce can look to her own sister, Solange, who went ‘natural’ a few years ago. Or they can choose to continue to do nothing. Otherwise they and their fans can expect both the ‘shade’ and the ‘shine’ the people will make, myself included, on social media sites like this blog. Redirect the passion to something that actually matters. Peace and Love!

21. Suzy Six on February 2, 2015 at 7:16 pm

But everyone is missing the real issue here. That baby’s hair is none of our business.