Lil Wayne blasted on social media after dismissal of Black Lives Matter

LilWayne6 Lil Wayne isn’t the most popular celebrity in the Black community today. During an interview with ABC’s “Nightline,” Lil Wayne was asked to share his thoughts on Black Lives Matter. The rapper responded by saying, “That just sounds weird. I don’t know if you should put a name on it. If someone got shot by the police, it was a f— up reason.”

Lil Wayne continued by suggesting that racism doesn’t exist because he’s rich. “I am a young, Black rich mother—,” he said. “If that don’t let you know that America understand Black mother— matter these days, I don’t know what it is. That man’s white, he’s filming me. I’m a n—. I don’t know what you mean, man. Don’t come at me with that dumb s—. My life matter. Especially to my b—.” Lil Wayne went on to say he was connected and affiliated with the Bloods gang. Later, he walked away from the interview and mumbled, “I’m not a politician.”

The incident follows Lil Wayne’s claim on Fox Sports’ “Undisputed” where he said racism doesn’t exist because a White police officer saved him when he shot himself during his youth. Overall, in both interviews, Lil Wayne appears to feel as if money has removed him from the struggles of the average Black person in America. But at a concert in August, Lil Wayne shouted Black Lives Matter by telling the crowd, “Clothes don’t matter, cars don’t matter. Nothing matters cause Black lives mater, b—!” His latest interview on “Nightline” has caused an uproar on social media with people who are appalled by his words:

1. Mike Gee on November 2, 2016 at 12:03 pm

those must be some good drugs!

2. Dunit on November 2, 2016 at 4:00 pm

Anytime a musician, artist, actor, entertainer consistantly tries to convince you to engage in unhealthy activities and risky behaviors that should let you know he does not have your best interests in mind. Lil Wayne is only out for himself.

3. Vandellish on November 2, 2016 at 5:06 pm

I blame many in the black community as well as the shady music industry for putting shytstains like Lil Wayne on a pedestal in the first place. He’s always been a negative, erratic, overrated and plastic sounding rapper (notice I didn’t say MC) anyway.
    I’m proud to say I’ve never given one red cent to anything having to do with Cash Money/Young Money in my lifetime.

• Dunit on November 2, 2016 at 7:28 pm

How exactly is this “many in the black community” fault exactly? Lil wayne will tell you most of his fan base is white. He’s selling a negative image of black men to predominately white audiences. Same old stereotype different artist. Lil wayne is exploiting and capitalizing off the negative effects of white supremacy on the black community and simultaneously denying it’s existence.

• Vandellish on November 2, 2016 at 7:59 pm

Great question and I agree with you but I have to ask you one to answer it.
        How many black rappers (notice I didn’t say MCs) have taken off in commercial radio and TV without first cutting their teeth in the black community??
        The list of names is few and far between and they tend not to stick around if they do (Skee Lo, Afro Man, Paperboy, etc…). The reason is because an early and consistent following in the black community is almost like a legitimacy stamp to many (not all) whites and ESPECIALLY those within the industry. When it comes to rap (notice I didn’t say hip hop) they take their cues from the black community. It’s been like this forever when it comes to black music and it started with Jazz and Blues.
        So yeah, I blame “many in the black community” for kicking off the BS Cash Money phenomenon in the first place. I wasn’t a fan of the music for the No Limit run either but at least they had a figurehead (Master P) who has vision and some great entrepreneur advice for the youngsters.

• Dunit on November 2, 2016 at 8:37 pm

Hip hop and rap began as a positive and fun artform of music and dance. It has become a tool used to destroy the black community. Honestly it’s a chicken and egg debate. Music producers control a lot of the imagery and content released into mainstream media. Record sales drive executives decisions. Yes, I agree the black community legitimizes artists, and controls the market in that aspect. But, Lil Wayne himself is a product of circumstances caused by white supremacy. Blacks legitimize artists based on their circustances and experiences which are also caused by white supremacy.

• Vandellish on November 3, 2016 at 12:22 am

Hey I pretty much agree with all of this although I’m curious about your last sentence’s meaning.
            Still, in essence I’m saying that I believe ignorant black folks who are not only addicted/married to their own destruction and disenfranchisement but also have a tackplastical taste in music are who initially made Lil Wayne a star and Cash Money and them rich.
            If your argument is that the effect of white supremacy leads to pyss poor taste and surface level thinking it’s fairly believable. People can be sheep.

• Dunit on November 3, 2016 at 7:27 am

That’s exactly what I mean. When a group of people is ostricized and dehumanized for centuries some may become conditioned to prefer self destruction because it is most comfortable and familar.

• Guest on November 3, 2016 at 1:52 pm

Agree 100%

4. Guest on November 3, 2016 at 1:51 pm

Another case of “consider the source” as was the Trick Daddy comments. These are alcohol and drug induced state rappers. What do they really know besides that? It’s hard for me to get upset with ignorant people, I simply steer clear of them when I can.

5. Primo Levi on November 4, 2016 at 11:58 am

them tweets aint shit, show real ppl who tweeted real shit about cock roach face, nobody speaks 4 me & if black lives matter black ppl dont act like it! i got something 4 everybody black, white police etc…

6. Vaughnj TheChameleon on November 6, 2016 at 12:30 pm

MONEY Can’t buy Brains,and or Common sense.#IjustFUc&$! Up.