Police officer gets away with killing Keith Lamont Scott

Keith Lamont Scott (Facebook)

Keith Lamont Scott (Facebook)

Another police officer has gotten away with killing a Black man. Charlotte officer Brentley Vinson acted “lawfully” by killing Keith Lamont Scott, according to D.A. R. Andrew Murray for Mecklenburg County.

On Sept. 20, Scott was sitting in his car and waiting for his child when he was approached by police. Scott had not committed a crime. Scott’s wife, Rakeyia, began recording the interaction with police and began telling the cops that he was unarmed. “Don’t shoot him. He has no weapon. He has no weapon. Don’t shoot him.”

Vinson and the other officers ignored Rakeyia and began firing shots at Scott. Although video didn’t show Scott with a gun, the police claimed that he was pointing a gun at them. The prosecutor decided to believe the men who were alive to tell the story.

Following Scott’s death, protests broke out in the Charlotte area and around the nation calling for an end to police violence against Black people. Scott’s death occurred following a summer when several Black men were killed by police on video.

Philando Castile and Terence Crutcher were both shot by police and their deaths were filmed on video. Until the nation recognizes that police have too much authority to kill innocent people, the citizens will always have a chance to become victims of those who are paid by taxpayers to protect and serve.

Through their attorney, Charles Monnett, Scott’s family released a statement, We believe this situation could have ended with everyone alive. We look forward someday to obtaining justice for this family.”

The Scott family can still file a civil lawuit against the officer and the Charlotte Police Department.

1. nebmaatre on November 30, 2016 at 5:36 pm

Whites only get away with what black spineless males allow them to get away with. Me included in the spineless Black males.

• melissaheath93 on December 1, 2016 at 7:55 am

One year have passed since I decided to resign from my office work and it was a best decision i made in my life… I started freelancing online, for this company I discovered on-line, several hrs each day, and I profit now much more than i did on my last job… My paycheck for last month was for 9000 dollars… Awesome thing about it is the more time i got for my loved ones… http://chilp.it/728813e

• Not about that life on December 2, 2016 at 7:29 am

Speak for yourself scary!

• veronicastewart93 on December 5, 2016 at 7:06 am

After 5 years I decided to resign from my office work and it was a best decision i made in my life… I started doing work over internet, for a company I found online, several hrs a day, and I earn much more than i did on my previous work… Last paycheck i got was for Nine thousand dollars… Awesome thing about this gig is the more time i got with my family… http://tiny.pl/g9s36

2. nosey rosy on November 30, 2016 at 6:44 pm

we as blacks have never demanded to be equal, fact is the way martin luther king stop advocating civil rights and started fighting the city of atlanta for garbage workers to be able,,, keep jobs? while whites were hanging blacks down in his home state ALABAMA??? right during the years before his death …REALLY..
    Im sick of blacks avoiding truth dodging reality .,, some blacks voted for trump and said he was better then obama? washed down uncletoms to sick to see police shootings are the ghost of pattyroller and masters, using today white evil to finish killing a whole culture in which they made the choice to bring here . we never ask too come to america!! this is the thanks our ancesters get, haunted by a evil pass that still slaughter us for non equality to white WE HAVE NO LEADERS we got ben carson al sharpton clarance thomas all uncle toms!!!!!!! we might as well be glad we got donald trump because he maybe the only whiteman with the balls to stand up to redneck congress and BATTLE FOR BLACK EQUALITY IN AMERICA

chinese mexican cuban ethiopians arabics are all nigger to white african american are nigga!! so we changed our own depluring name but not or address

• Whiteguy on December 4, 2016 at 7:02 pm

???

First of all his name should be capitalized.
      Secondly he was in Memphis, Tenn for the garbage workers, not Atlanta.
      Thirdly he was King was born in Atlanta, Georgia, in 1929, so Alabama was not his home state. His church was in Atlanta.

Not even going to mention all the English errors.

You can mention Ben Carson and Al Sharpton in the same sentence? Categorize them as the same? Even as a white guy I can respect the work Dr. Carson has done.

If you are black then you are a prime example of why the blacks in America are down and out.

I feel a little sorry for you. You could not be a good example to anyone.