Versace accused of using secret ‘code’ to profile Black customers

screenshot-76

Instagram/@Versace

In a recent report from TMZ, Italian luxury fashion company Versace has a racist protocol to alert employees when African-Americans enter their retail locations. According to a reliable source who is a former employee of the brand, the accusations are 100% accurate.

The man once worked in the Bay Area store. In a lawsuit, he claims the store manager informed him about a classified code called “D410,” which is used to notify co-workers that a Black person is shopping in the store.

The ex-employee said the workers casually say aloud, “We got a D410 in menswear.” He also adds, “BTW … that’s the code for all black shirts in Versace stores,” according to the suit.

He also believed the manager was unaware of his race at the time of the incident. He later responded to his former manager with, “You know that I’m African-American?” In the suit, he added he was canned because he hadn’t “lived the luxury life,” which was allegedly told to him by his manager.

The employee also told the media outlet that he felt extremely disrespected and was utterly shocked. He also mentioned the company belittled his fashion sense, refused to give him rest breaks and fired him after two weeks with no initial notice. Currently, he is suing the company for unpaid wages and damages.

Versace denied the allegations, and has filed for an appeal to dismiss the suit.

1. miller_paulette on December 26, 2016 at 1:41 pm

I’ve earned $84 ,000 until now this year working on line and also I am only a full time student . I’m by making use of a home based business money making opportunity I heard about and also I’ve generated such great money . It is actually extremely user friendly so I’m just very thankful that I discovered out about it . The potential with this is limitless . Here’s everything I do>>> http://secure92.weebly.com

2. Whiteguy on December 26, 2016 at 4:42 pm

It is because shop lifting has gotten so bad. And guess who shoplifts a lot…

• refichter on December 26, 2016 at 6:12 pm

Human beings of all races, religions, and ethnicities? Did I get it right? No, not in your silly, narrow mind and world.

• Whiteguy on December 26, 2016 at 9:37 pm

Well sure but who is doing it so much more than others that stores have to invent codes to protect their inventories?

• Kris T No Mour on December 29, 2016 at 12:07 pm

The reason for that is simply “retailers” have this preconcieved notion that all people of color have to steal. And coming from a retail associate stand point (which I live in a prodomitely white area), 85% of our shoplifters are young to middle aged caucassian women…who get deaf, dumb and mute when they are busted!

• Whiteguy on December 29, 2016 at 6:03 pm

HAhahaa right. I worked security between college classes. Shop lifting was predominately black.
            Although there were Hispanics in the mix.

The preconceived notion is based on direct experience.

• Mason Youngblood on December 26, 2016 at 8:56 pm

If I told you the truth that ‘people of all races do’ your kind of mentality would only try to deny it anyway but it still doesn’t take away from the truth.

• Whiteguy on December 26, 2016 at 9:34 pm

Oh believe me I do not excuse any color criminal.

• Mason Youngblood on December 27, 2016 at 7:52 am

Well I see you are finally coming clean with your name ‘whiteguy’ ..or should I say Sol Rothstein..cause you don’t fool me.

• Whiteguy on December 28, 2016 at 6:07 pm

Not Jewish either…

• Mason Youngblood on December 29, 2016 at 12:16 pm

Didn’t say you were but my technology on this end don’t lie when I’m looking right at you. I know exactly who you are, the moves you make online and everything so tread carefully.

• Whiteguy on December 29, 2016 at 6:01 pm

HAHAHAAHHAHAaaa.

Stop by sometime then. Make sure to knock 4 times on the front door so I know it is you. Then you can experience some CC tech.

• Mason Youngblood on December 29, 2016 at 8:58 pm

I rather just record your every move like I’ve been doing. You may get a visit but it won’t be from me.

• Whiteguy on December 30, 2016 at 6:27 pm

Right. You are going to have to try that on a high school kid. I will buy it.

As long as no threats are made or defamation against a company there is nothing you can do.

• Guest on December 28, 2016 at 1:52 pm

Check out the story about the couple and their dog that posted today. It’s a hoot!

• Anonymous on December 29, 2016 at 8:48 am

I live in the suburbs and in my experience as a retail store associate, guess who always ended up walking out of my store in hand cuffs, white teenagers mostly girls but there is no such thing as a certain race doing more crime than another. I’m not African American or white, my race does not define me. I’m an American citizen and maybe one day everybody else will look at each other the same way too.

• Kris T No Mour on December 29, 2016 at 12:08 pm

All the time, and the parents are shocked, and say things like “her friend made her do it”…. UMMMM NOOOOO…your child did it on their on Mr.!

• Whiteguy on December 29, 2016 at 6:05 pm

That day will be (possibly) when the blacks get their act together.

And I know you are full of it because stores never press charges as they will not go to court on anything. They get the goods back and request a trespass warrant against the lifter to ban them. That is it. I worked mall security for 2 or 3 years between college semesters and never saw a charge filed.

• Guest on December 30, 2016 at 11:01 am

Why no comment about the couple s3xing their dog? lmao

• Whiteguy on December 31, 2016 at 10:02 am

You did not tell me where to find it.

3. Michelle on December 29, 2016 at 2:07 pm

Not surprising at all. I remember working at Rite Aide when I was in my early twenties. I was hired during the Holiday season (which is their busiest season) and I was told that I could not work on the register because “per company policy you have to be with the company for at least a week”. I didn’t think anything of it until they hired a Caucasian employee a few months after me and she was immediately placed on the register. I even questioned my Manager about this and he said “that’s because we were busy”. Then another black employee was hired a month after that and same policy was applied to her. So at this point it was clear to me that the policy only applied to black employees. Also, they only placed security tags on black urban products, I was told all other products in the store did not require security tags.