Tyler Perry’s ‘Love Thy Neighbor,’ ‘For Better or Worse’ canceled

"Love Thy Neighbor" (OWN)

“Love Thy Neighbor” (OWN)

We’ve heard the rumors. If it weren’t for series creator and producer Tyler Perry and “Sweetie Pies,” OWN would have continued to suffer dwindling ratings. It’s like Perry was the brand’s knight in shining armor. Thangs-are-a-changing. While the network has ordered 38 episodes for a new comedy series from Perry, “The Paynes,” has picked up additional episodes of Perry’s two drama series on OWN — 44 additional episodes of “The Haves and the Have Nots” and 18 episodes of “If Loving You Is Wrong,” things didn’t fare well for “Love Thy Neighbor” and “For Better or Worse. They will end their runs after their upcoming seasons that already have taped. This translates to the fourth for “Love Thy Neighbor”and sixth for “For Better or Worse” (two on TBS and four on OWN).

"For Better Or Worse" (OWN)

“For Better Or Worse” (OWN)

Both sitcoms will move to Saturday nights for their final installments. Love Thy Neighbor will premiere its fourth season on Saturday, March 4, with back-to-back episodes at 9 PM. For Better or Worse will premiere its sixth season on Saturday, June 10, with back-to-back episodes at 9 PM. Both series will air through 2017 with 22 and 20 episodes respectively.

“The Paynes,” is a spinoff of his popular TBS sitcom “House of Payne” starring the original series” LaVan Davis and Cassi Davis. It premieres in 2018.

“Tyler has been an incredible collaborator, a great partner and has an unprecedented track record of success with his hit scripted series,” says Erik Logan, president, OWN. “Tyler’s shows are must see TV for his loyal audience and we are excited to offer up a brand-new comedy and more episodes of their favorite Tyler dramas on OWN.”

1. Madison Reynolds on January 31, 2017 at 12:23 pm

I got paid 104,000 thousand dollars in last 12 months by freelancing on-line a­n­d I was able to do it by wo­rking part-time f­­o­­r 3+ h each day. I’m using a business opportunity I was introduced by this web-site i found online and I am so excited that I was able to earn so much money on the side. It’s very newbie friendly a­n­d I’m just so thankful that i learned about it. Here is what i did… http://share37.com

2. Glinda the Good Witch on February 8, 2017 at 7:15 pm

Come out, come out, wherever you are…

3. Grandmazgirl on March 13, 2017 at 9:41 pm

??? I hate that Hattie and the crew got canned. I love this show

• Verna Strickland on June 25, 2017 at 12:59 am

It was really funny buy the show made no sense to me I never knew what Hattie was saying

4. Verna Strickland on June 25, 2017 at 12:53 am
  5. Verna Strickland on June 25, 2017 at 12:57 am

Will. For better or worse be cancelled

• Kaydee Barnett on July 1, 2017 at 3:49 pm

This is a great show..what a stupid move

• Robbysmokew on July 4, 2017 at 7:56 am

Terrible show terrible canned laughter

• Kaydee Barnett on July 4, 2017 at 10:23 am

The canned laughter had no bearing on the quality of the show. the topics were great, they were funny and talented and watching the growth in the characters was worth an hour a week

• Robbysmokew on July 4, 2017 at 5:09 pm

No it wasn’t . The canned laughter owed how horrible it was . But thank god someone interfered and took the mess off tv

• Kaydee Barnett on July 4, 2017 at 5:29 pm

We have different opinions and I am not happy that it’s off. You are. Have a good day

• Michelle Lyn Winemiller-Byrd on July 19, 2017 at 1:17 am

I agree…I got very frustrated during the Keisha..Richard divorce but I like that Jennifer and Richard are together and that Jennifer showed keisha how it is…I am going to miss these character and this show!

• Kaydee Barnett on July 19, 2017 at 1:36 am

Hey. Michelle! I am frustrated with Keisha on a whole anyway…and I was starting to love the new spunky Leslie. I LOVE Richard & Jennifer, and I hate that it looks like the series is going to end with Marcus & Angela spitting up. There is still so much more storylines that Tyler could develop in this series…Todd and his child, Marcus and his daughter Pam, did Joseph hire that stalker for Leslie…so much more

• Amber Smith on July 13, 2017 at 9:23 pm

Not a smart move should of added more writers to the show with different ideas to help develop the characters more. I guess TP had to much going on at once my cup runneth over so couldn’t pay that much attention to all shows and had the characters going in so many directions never had the kids back on the show it was just out of control should’ve done better with this show now that it’s ending it’s beginning to be crazy can’t the show end with a great ending like the Cosby Show did well anyway good luck TP. I WILL MISS FOR BETTER OR WORST sad about it being cancelled

6. Rita Hall on July 17, 2017 at 11:21 pm

I wish Tyler Perry could put better for worse onto another channel. The 6th season is to good that it need to continue

7. Rita Hall on July 18, 2017 at 9:07 pm

They need to put it another channel like lifetime are TNT something

• Michelle Lyn Winemiller-Byrd on July 19, 2017 at 1:19 am

I agree!

8. Cc on July 23, 2017 at 12:12 am

? no for better and worse can’t end like that. Omg we need a 7 season pls Tyler

• Kaydee Barnett on September 19, 2017 at 1:16 pm

The series ending was an absolutely horrible slap in the face to the series and the talent ! It was clearly rushed material to meet the deadline. Unsatisfying, cliff-hanging plot that is salt in an open wound. Damn Tyler

9. Stephanie Mae Cherry on July 23, 2017 at 5:55 am

To have For Better or Worse end without a coherent ending is truly disappointing. I watched OWN for this show, Love Thy Neighbor, John Gray and Iyanla Vanzant (but no longer her fan due to her interview in June 2017 Essence article). So when these two shows are gone so am I.

• Gardner Craig on July 28, 2017 at 11:05 pm

I was like this bs. So we are just left hanging ugh

10. Doris Hemphil on July 28, 2017 at 3:17 am

What a dumbass move on own part. Those two shows was great. Didn’t like the way for better or worst ended. Should have ended different.

11. shea on August 5, 2017 at 3:05 am

So thats how for bettee or for worst ended???