Marlon Wayans explores divorce in new sitcom on NBC

Photo Credit Paras Griffin

Marlon Wayans loves talking about his new show “Marlon.” Wayans described it as a good beautiful Black family show that’s different from “Black-ish” and different from any show on TV right now because it covers divorce but you will see a lot of love in this family. It’s meant to inspire all families, whether you are together on paper or not, to keep love in your life and in your family.

Filmed in front of a live studio audience, the feedback was definitely a home run. Wanting to do a show that wasn’t forced and was close to everyday life and getting the opportunity to talk about the way his life pretty much goes on the daily was the main inspiration behind Wayans’ concept for the show. RO got a chance to sit down with Wayans at STK in Atlanta during the press dinner he treated us to and talk about his intimate thoughts on his new show.

Photo Credit Paras Griffin

Essence Atkins and you have really good chemistry on the show. Was she your first choice?
Essence and I have been friends for a very long time and we definitely have great chemistry. I think she is an awesome person. I think that somewhere perhaps in another parallel universe she may have just been … well, let’s just say we have a great friendship because sometimes it works best when there is no intimacy involved. She’s a great person and I love her. I thought she was perfect for this part.

While you’ve never been married, what are your thoughts about marriage?
I know me. If I was married, I would be divorced. I’m anti authority. I don’t like being told what to do. I like my own space. I don’t like living with people. I like my own space. I’m creative. When I’m present, I’m present. I date my family. We got to expensive restaurants, we eat, we eat sushi. We hang out. I go back to the house and spend some time. Sometimes I spend the night. It doesn’t matter. I watched my brothers get divorced and I think divorce hurts the kids more. When me and Ange broke up, my kids’ life didn’t change. It stayed the same. I think it works. If it’s not broke, don’t fix it.

Were you a child of divorce?
No, my parents, they were there and together, but they did divorce at like 80. I didn’t understand why. I was like “Hey, you only have about four years left; you should just ride it out.”

So, basically you just decided to be the opposite from how you were raised?
I just think it’s what works best for me. This has always worked. I’m like if you love someone enough to have children, then you should love each other enough to get along and take care of them together. I’m hoping a show like this inspires someone in the same situation to pick up the phone and say, “Hey, let’s go to lunch.”

Briana Cudup, Marlon Wayans – Photo Credit Paras Griffin

If you tuned in last night and caught the first episode of “Marlon” on NBC, please let us know your thoughts. Check out the photo gallery from the fun media dinner!

1. Redcarpetslave on August 17, 2017 at 7:14 pm

The show was hysterical. I made my 14 yr old son watch it with me and we ate dinner together. We were both cracking up. He saw alot of himself in Marlon’s kids on the show.

• Margaretjtrott on August 18, 2017 at 1:32 am

Discount90a

Google is paying 97$ per hour! Work for few hours and have longer with friends & family! :!al90d:
      On tuesday I got a great new Land Rover Range Rover from having earned $8752 this last four weeks.. Its the most-financialy rewarding I’ve had.. It sounds unbelievable but you wont forgive yourself if you don’t check it
      :!al90d:
      ➽➽
      ➽➽;➽➽ http://GoogleFinancialJobsCash380TopAge/Pay$97/Hour ★★✫★★✫★★✫★★✫★★✫★★✫★★✫★★✫★★✫★★✫★★✫★★✫★★✫★★✫★★✫★★✫★★✫★★:::::!al90l..,.

• Soledadcjones on August 18, 2017 at 7:11 am

Bank234s

Google is paying 97$ per hour! Work for few hours and have longer with friends & family! !al274d:
      !al274d:
      ➽➽
      ➽➽;➽➽ http://GoogleFinancialJobsCash274MarketMedia/GetPay$97/Hour ★★✫★★✫★★✫★★✫★★✫★★✫★★✫★★✫★★✫★★✫★★✫★★✫★★✫★★✫★★✫★★✫★★✫★★:::::!al274z..,.

• Lynnsmchugh on August 19, 2017 at 1:12 am

I’m making over $7k a month working part time. I kept hearing other people tell me how much money they can make online so I decided to look into it. Well, it was all true and has totally changed my life. This is where i starte ➤check➤ this➤ link
      ➜➜➜http://www.GoogleFinancialCashJobs391OfficeLine/Home/Wage….
      ✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿::::ah101.

• Sarahjsmith on August 20, 2017 at 12:57 am

my co-worker’s mother gets $60 an hour on the laptop and she has been laid off for ten months. last month her profit was $19538 only working at home for four hours a day… ➤go ➤to➤ this➤ page
      ➜➜➜http://www.GoogleFinancial337CashJobsGroupCore/Daily/Wage….
      ✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤✤::::su47..

2. Luci Lu on August 25, 2017 at 3:14 pm

The show was different from most “family shows”, in that the principal characters are amicably divorced, and the children seem happy/healthy. It was funny enough, in that it did not slip into buffoonery. I think it may have legs. Good luck Marlon!

3. lucas noah on September 28, 2017 at 10:54 pm

If you are unsure about your spouse loyalty, I strongly recommend you contact this awesome hacker that helped me monitor my wife’s phone when I was gathering evidence during the divorce. I got virtually every information she has been hiding over the months easily on my own phone: the spy app diverted all her whatsapp, facebook, text messages, sent and received through the phone: I also got her phone calls and deleted messages. She could not believe her eyes when she saw the evidence because she had no idea she was hacked..
    You Can also Call him or Text him : +1 908 768 4985