Looks like the courtship lasted much longer than the actual marriage. Carmelo Anthony and La La Vazquez Anthony, one of the premier sports power couples, have officially separated, sources tell rolling out.
Apparently, La La has long been tired of her husband’s serial philandering and it has nearly driven her crazy. Finally, she could no longer take it and the two have moved into separate homes for the time being.
The whispers of Anthony’s supposed cheating ways has been ongoing for years. Back in March 2011, the sultry socialite was grilled by Angela Yee and the “Breakfast Club” about rampant rumors of her husband Melo’s adultery:
- When asked if she had “that talk” with her husband about not embarrassing her with NY’s ample groupies, La La said: “I don’t have to have that talk. I would hope after almost eight years he has enough respect for me not to do that.”
- Yee asked La La if she could accept Carmelo cheating if he did it discretely.
- La La responded, “If he’s doing it discretely, do a good job. ‘Cause when I find out all hail is gone break loose!”
- Then Yee asked the question that we’ve all been anxious to hear the answer to:“What about that love child?”
- But instead of addressing the question openly and honestly, La La simply laughed it off, saying she wasn’t aware of any baby that her hubby spawned outside of their marriage.
- “If I knew about a baby … first of all, what kind of woman would it make me to say ‘hide your kid?’”