Dwight Howard’s Baby’s Mother Calls the Police on Him; 5 Ways to Deal with Baby Momma Drama

Dwight Howard’s Baby’s Mother Calls the Police on Him; 5 Ways to Deal with Baby Momma Drama

NBA star Dwight Howard continues to pay mightily for his decision to have a baby out of wedlock. On Aug. 26, Howard’s baby’s mother, Royce Reed of VH-1’s “Basketball Wives,” called the police on him.

According to reports, Reed was upset that the day care center allowed Howard to pick up their 2-year-old son and immediately went to authorities to report the child missing. Once the police arrived at Howard’s home, he explained that he and Reed had a new agreement in place that allowed him to pick the child up. But police forced Howard to return the child to the day care center after it was discovered that the agreement had not been signed.   

Millions of Americans deal with the problems of maintaining a healthy relationship with the individuals  they have children with. Here are five ways to avoid baby daddy and baby momma drama. –amir shaw

Communication – Although it can be painful to have a conversation with your ex, it’s important to talk as much as possible without arguing. The child will pick up on the tension between the parents and can be affected emotionally from the constant bickering.

Develop a Plan for the Child – Each parent must put their bad feelings aside in order to provide the best life possible for the child. That means coming together and figuring out a plan that will allow the child to receive emotional and educational support from both parents.

Boundaries For New Mates – It’s important that new boyfriends and girlfriends understand that there are boundaries when it comes to dealing with your child and ex. New companions must stay out of the parental arrangements that you have made with your ex.

Remain Civil – If there is no chance for reconciliation, deal with it and move on. But do not use your child as a bargaining tool to get what you want from your ex.

Seek Professional Guidance – If both parents are having trouble communicating, they should seek professional help from a family counselor, a respected member of their community or religious organization.

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Join our Newsletter

Sign up for Rolling Out news straight to your inbox.

Read more about:
Also read
Watch this video
What's new
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x